• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shedding help?

PrillyPayne

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie hasn't shed in over a year. We got her from a friend that had her for three years. She shed a week or so after we got her. That has been the only time she has shed since we've had her. Is that normal?

Also, when she shed last the shed on the tip of her tail wouldn't come off. I eventually got it but the scales underneath were white when it came off. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of when it happened. This is what it looks like now. It is not as white as it use to be but I'm hoping it will go back to normal. I'm also worried it will happen again when she sheds next (whenever that will be). Is there a way to prevent this from happening again? I don't want to force the shed off but I also don't want to leave it on for too long like last time.
13062496_1814448942165319_5675618203520390427_n.jpg

PrillyPayne

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would have a vet look at that it might be the start of tail rot.
I will give it a shot. Like I said, it has gotten better but this is a year since it has happened so it's slow going. But I definitely don't want it to get worse.

Latest posts