• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shedding/Brumation

JakeTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey Everyone!

Jake is starting to shed, mostly around his mouth, it looks very uncomfortable for him. He appears to be brumating as well, he stays in his hide box pretty much all day. I have not adjusted his temperature but I have turned his lights off.

Would a bath help loosen that skin or do I just need to let him do his thing?

Thank you!
Shane

Attachments

• IMG_20231118_112425681.jpg
    IMG_20231118_112425681.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20231118_112409883.jpg
    IMG_20231118_112409883.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey Everyone!

Jake is starting to shed, mostly around his mouth, it looks very uncomfortable for him. He appears to be brumating as well, he stays in his hide box pretty much all day. I have not adjusted his temperature but I have turned his lights off.

Would a bath help loosen that skin or do I just need to let him do his thing?

Thank you!
Shane
Offer water every 10 days to 2 weeks - when the shed becomes crackly / dry spray/ must him take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush him the loose stuff will come off

Latest posts