• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shed already

Mr.Poodie2U

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys Poodie has not shed the skin from his forearm for 2 weeks but the rest of his body is beautifully citrus in color. This is not like him. Sometimes it takes a little longer as dragons don't shed like other lizards I have. I have given warm baths, mist him while in tank and of course his diet is on point with vitamins. We even exercised in branches and rough stones. That was fun having him go thru a maze about 3 feet long of tree bark , stones, twigs and leaves twice a week for about 10 minutes just to get to his favorite horn worms. One day it it took about 30 minutes because he didn't want to be a participant, lol. He brushed against the closely structured items and it helped with removing the dead skin but it did nothing for the arm. Any suggestions? Lets go... I am open to hear what you guys know.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Is the shed on his arm ready to come off, or is it a little behind the rest of his body in the cycle?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mr.Poodie2U

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is the shed on his arm ready to come off, or is it a little behind the rest of his body in the cycle?

No it is not ready to come off and that is what concerns me.Here is the pic its on the lower arm (forearm)

Attachments

• poodie leg.jpg
    poodie leg.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sometimes it takes awhile, keep giving warm soaks. You can also brush it gently with a soft toothbrush. Sometimes 100% pure aloe helps too. There's also a product called reptile shedding aid that works real good. It's a mixture of oils, so make sure you spray it on at night so that the basking light doesn't cook your dragon.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
As they get older they start to shed in patches and it takes longer for them to shed. That arm will catch up soon enough, not to worry.

Mr.Poodie2U

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you all go the shared info. Due to complications with Pepsi and her shredding where she lost a toe nail because the shed never came of nor became soft enough I am on top of Mr.Poodie's shedding behavior. I will allow for another week before i try the aloe. Love your beardies everyone.

Latest posts