• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

She ate a green!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Funny something like this would make me so happy. I may have had a break thru with Dexter and her greens. She likes drinking water and I noticed that when the water in her water bowl moves it catches her eye so I put 5 pieces of collard green in her water. She was really watching it move around so I left her and went to work. When I came home tonight there was ONE piece missing! It's a small step but hopefully she keeps it up!I

Nichole1228

Juvenile Dragon
Hunter eats her greens pretty good, but every now and then I'll throw a piece of food in her water bowl to give it some color so she will notice it and today I saw her over there so hopefully she was drinking!! She didn't drink in her bath today like she usually does so I hope it was because she was drinking out of her bowl!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I may have gotten excited over nothing. When I removed her water bowl this morning there was a collard laying in front of it that I didn't see :(

Tonight I tried getting her to eat some mustard greens off the living room floor, I even took the laser pointer and ran it over the greens. It peaked her interest but not enough to go get it. We cut up some watermelon and again, she looked interested in it but wouldn't go for it. I'm going to keep trying. I haven't given her any worms since Friday or Saturday so she's gotta be getting hungry soon.

cmorgan23

Bearded Dragon Egg
I guess I should consider myself lucky. Mushu eats shredded collard greens daily. He likes blueberries as a treat too. He's not quite a year old. Am I okay only giving him the collards or does he need more variety? Is he getting the nutrients he needs? I dust crickets twice a week and he also gets supers a couple times a week.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I guess I should consider myself lucky. Mushu eats shredded collard greens daily. He likes blueberries as a treat too. He's not quite a year old. Am I okay only giving him the collards or does he need more variety? Is he getting the nutrients he needs? I dust crickets twice a week and he also gets supers a couple times a week.

You should give a little more variety. I usually do 3, two greens and a veggie. This week it's collards, mustards and sweet potato with strawberries as a treat every couple of days.

My boy Luci is just over a year old and he has eaten his veggies from the beginning. He loves himself a good salad with a lot of mustard greens! He's not a big fan of fruit though, just likes to walk in it and dye is feet.

drzebra

Juvenile Dragon
Arthur, my juvenile, discovered greens a few weeks ago and wolfs them down like crazy.

Fenchurch is more ambivalent, but she very seldom eats greens when they're nice and fresh. For some reason, she seems to prefer them crunchy and nasty.

And under no circumstances will she eat collard greens.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
She looked so sad this morning and wouldn't eat any greens I broke down and gave her 2 super worms and surprisingly that's all she wanted.

It's funny because Luci is a year younger than her and she usually eats all his greens. He has no preference, he will eat them fresh in the morning and he will eat them crunchy the next morning if I don't change them out fast enough for him!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Very small bit of progress this morning! I made her a smoothie for breakfast with her mustards, collards and sweet potato. First I put a few super worms into the "pool" of smoothie and she was instantly interested but by the time she went to make her move, they had died and she got bored. I then tried a hornworm which actually worked better because more stuff stuck to it's back. She gobbled it up! I couldn't get her to eat another one but it was a small step!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Another breakthrough with her this morning! I bought wax worms last night. I put a few in her salad bowl this morning along with a couple of "beardie bites" and let her be. She started to eat her salad on her own! I hope this continues.

Latest posts