• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Seeking enclosure ideas!

flaminhotcheeto

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! New beardie mom here looking for some ideas for more decor/enrichment items for my lil' Cheeto's current enclosure. This tank is 40 gal right now as Cheeto is still a tiny baby; I will be DIYing a 120 gal (or larger) enclosure to switch to, so any cool DIY enclosure ideas are also welcome (especially if they involve upcycling old furniture)!

The current setup is:
- textured ceramic tiles as flooring (not slippery, Cheeto has no issue getting around on them)
- Zoo Med T5 HO ReptiSun 10.0 UVB, covers about 2/3 of the tank
- Zoo Med Basking Spot Lamp 100W
- Ignore the stick-on thermometers, I know they are inaccurate, I just cannot get them off of the glass. I use 2 digital probe thermometer/hygrometers (not pictured because I had just finished deep cleaning everything and took this before putting them back :)) and an IR thermometer gun to be extra sure the temps are correct.
- Basking rock surface stays around 107-110F, hot side stays around 98-101F, and the cool side stays around 80-85F. Humidity on the hot side stays around 30% and 40% on the cool side.

**I WILL NOT be switching to entirely loose substrate, I know there is a lot of conflicting information about loose substrate, and I am just not willing to risk the chance of impaction or bacteria growth right now while Cheeto is so young. I am, however, willing to provide a dig box if that is recommended; I'd love some advice on to dig box or not to dig box!

Looking to add some things for Cheeto to climb, and possibly a hammock (worried about the mesh and rope-looking ones, though, because I don't want Cheeto to injure his little toes). Just wanna make my little guy's home as cozy and enjoyable as possible, so please give me any and all ideas!! Pictures of y'all's enclosures for inspiration are also very welcome.

IMG_8090.jpeg
IMG_8092.jpeg

Here is Cheeto at his vet checkup after he learned he is perfectly healthy and parasite free :) (don't worry, the little red spot by his one nail was, in fact, blackberry, not an injury as I feared)
IMG_8069.jpeg

Thank you in advance :)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi! New beardie mom here looking for some ideas for more decor/enrichment items for my lil' Cheeto's current enclosure. This tank is 40 gal right now as Cheeto is still a tiny baby; I will be DIYing a 120 gal (or larger) enclosure to switch to, so any cool DIY enclosure ideas are also welcome (especially if they involve upcycling old furniture)!

The current setup is:
- textured ceramic tiles as flooring (not slippery, Cheeto has no issue getting around on them)
- Zoo Med T5 HO ReptiSun 10.0 UVB, covers about 2/3 of the tank
- Zoo Med Basking Spot Lamp 100W
- Ignore the stick-on thermometers, I know they are inaccurate, I just cannot get them off of the glass. I use 2 digital probe thermometer/hygrometers (not pictured because I had just finished deep cleaning everything and took this before putting them back :)) and an IR thermometer gun to be extra sure the temps are correct.
- Basking rock surface stays around 107-110F, hot side stays around 98-101F, and the cool side stays around 80-85F. Humidity on the hot side stays around 30% and 40% on the cool side.

**I WILL NOT be switching to entirely loose substrate, I know there is a lot of conflicting information about loose substrate, and I am just not willing to risk the chance of impaction or bacteria growth right now while Cheeto is so young. I am, however, willing to provide a dig box if that is recommended; I'd love some advice on to dig box or not to dig box!

Looking to add some things for Cheeto to climb, and possibly a hammock (worried about the mesh and rope-looking ones, though, because I don't want Cheeto to injure his little toes). Just wanna make my little guy's home as cozy and enjoyable as possible, so please give me any and all ideas!! Pictures of y'all's enclosures for inspiration are also very welcome.

View attachment 34085View attachment 34086

Here is Cheeto at his vet checkup after he learned he is perfectly healthy and parasite free :) (don't worry, the little red spot by his one nail was, in fact, blackberry, not an injury as I feared)
View attachment 34087

Thank you in advance :)
You have a good set up -- the screen on the tank is a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type? this makes a difference as to where that UVB needs to be --- I would not get a dig box for him till he is older - you dont want him eating or licking the substrate in it - as far as hammocks you can get him a cloth one or a fleece one
www.etsy.com
www.pamperedbeardies.com

flaminhotcheeto

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for your response
!! I will hold off on the dig box until he's older.
I was not aware of pamperedbeardies.com and now I'm obsessed!

I believe the screen would be considered a wide-hole type because the holes are definitely bigger than a screen door/window screen, but I am not 100% certain, so I have attached a picture of it to make sure!
IMG_8099 copy.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for your response
!! I will hold off on the dig box until he's older.
I was not aware of pamperedbeardies.com and now I'm obsessed!

I believe the screen would be considered a wide-hole type because the holes are definitely bigger than a screen door/window screen, but I am not 100% certain, so I have attached a picture of it to make sure!View attachment 34089
Yes please make sure you have a piece of basking decor directly under the uvb 8-10 inches

Latest posts