• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rescue Bearded Dragon Skinny, Rolling Wrists

Dragonmaker88

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi There,
So my friend recently got a rescue bearded dragon from a abusive owner and the bearded dragon is very dehydrated, won't open her mouth, won't open her eyes and I'm trying to convince her to let me take in the bearded dragon so it can visit a vet but she won't let me. Is there anything I can do for this bearded dragon to possibly give it a second chance at living? She's very skinny and very close to death and my friend won't let me take in this rescue but I believe that she needs me. If y'all need pictures I can post one that I have of her... But its heart breaking... and the wrists are rolling on the bearded dragon, so I'm thinking she doesn't have enough calcium or uvb/uva in her life. Please respond... This is urgent! I'll just post a picture so it makes it easier. Please help me save this bearded dragon... I need to take her. How can I convince my friend that me taking her is the right thing for her? Thanks.
-Amanda

Attachments

• IMG_5885.JPG
    IMG_5885.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 60

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can only offer your help you can't make someone accept it. Be there in case she changes her mind. Prayers for you

rizwan

Bearded Dragon Egg
Honestly just take it... The poor bub will die without your help. You need to do what's best for the dragon

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If your overly concerned with it like you are..... Report her to animal control..... And tell them you are willing to take it in to try and rehabilitate it...... And than proceed to throat punch the irresponsible owner

Reactions: TKG

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Its very unfortunate but since moving them is such a stressful ordeal, its best to leave it where it is and try to help your friend get the situation right for the animal to be able to recover. Another move could realistically kill it, so while I know you want to help, the best idea is to help your friend help the dragon. Help her make sure that there are proper temperatures, proper nutrition provided, proper lighting, etc. If the animal does not eat on its own, you may have to consider helping your friend to open its mouth very gently (odds are the bones in the mouth are very easily injured due to a lack of calcium absorption) and put something like Critical Care into its mouth directly.

Dragonmaker88

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks everyone. For all your help... Unfortunately There was nothing I could do and it was too late for this little girl. Her spirit is with God now :,(

Latest posts