• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

refusing dubia roaches

td103

Bearded Dragon Egg
My 5-6 m/o beardie has began refusing dubia roaches entirely. He'll eat a couple in the morning if he's really hungry, but will only eat enough to keep him going and only shows real interest in phoenix worms and superworms. I was thinking on switching over to worms entirely, but he was eating almost 40 dubia roaches a day two weeks ago and im not sure how much more expensive/and how many more id need to buy online. I typically buy food every two weeks. If there's any websites that offer very cheap phoenix worms or another good feeder alternative i'd really appreciate the recommendations. :)
im also looking for something i dont have to pick out of dirt all the time. Im sometimes rushed in the mornings and the phoenix worms can take a long time to fish enough out for a meal

rdoyle225

Juvenile Dragon
Just keep given to him they can be stubborn. Dubai are more feeling. He may not eat as much

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

td103

Bearded Dragon Egg
I even try to pick up one worm and one roach in the tweezers to try and disguise it, but he turns his nose up or will aim to just take the worm from them. smart guy hahaha. I was thinking about skipping a day of feeding to try and get him more excited for any food but he's young and i feel bad any time i miss a meal.

Dragnmum

Hatchling Dragon
Mine quit eating the Dubias too. When he quit eating crickets we went to Dubias. Now he quit those and we're doing reptiworms. I also tried the disguising the food and doing the tough love: eat it or leave it, and just like yours he would eat one or 2 only. I'm gonna start ordering different proteins more regularly, hopefully keep him interested. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just keep offering the dubia along with others, dubia are way more nutritious and they are more filling so you won't need to feed as many.. They can be picky eaters and if offered more supers or fatty items they will become like "candy" to them and will hold out for the extra yummy foods lol They won't starve themselves so sometimes you got to just wait them out.

Dragnmum

Hatchling Dragon
I just wrote a follow up on my thread. If he's still being picky, he may be dehydrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts