• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Recommend a background

atomicfriday

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone, new to the forums and am planning a bioactive bearded enclosure measuring 48”x20”x20”. It’s a PVC/acrylic enclosure and I’m looking for a nice background that goes directly inside the enclosure versus the common type that adhere to the outside of glass aquariums. I’ve found a few but they all seem to be of a cloth material, which I imagine would harbor bacteria. Eventually I want to upgrade to a 3D background, but wanted something in the meanwhile. Looking forward to your suggestions, thanks!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone, new to the forums and am planning a bioactive bearded enclosure measuring 48”x20”x20”. It’s a PVC/acrylic enclosure and I’m looking for a nice background that goes directly inside the enclosure versus the common type that adhere to the outside of glass aquariums. I’ve found a few but they all seem to be of a cloth material, which I imagine would harbor bacteria. Eventually I want to upgrade to a 3D background, but wanted something in the meanwhile. Looking forward to your suggestions, thanks!
Boy I cant help you there - I can see if I can get some help from some others tho

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Boy I cant help you there - I can see if I can get some help from some others tho
I had them get back w/ me and this is the response
Something that goes inside would need to be more water resistant as they mentioned. If not going with a stone or natural looking background using foam/grout as we often see, then perhaps a hybrid would work. They could have a photo printed to a vinyl banner rather than on paper. That could hang inside and would also be moisture resistant/durable.

atomicfriday

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you so much for taking the time to ask and try to help me out. What I ended up doing was buying a vinyl desert backdrop designed for photography, it’s 5x3 so I’ll have to trim it but it was only $7 and looks great (from the pics and reviews). I will be sure to check back and let y’all know how it turns out!

Latest posts