• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Re-Do Days?

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It seems that bad luck has followed me around this past year, and continuing into the new year. Between hospital visits, job hunting... it's just been one thing after another. Please pray for me to have some confidence gained again and for me to find a job. The economy just sucks right now and basically no one is hiring. I've been out driving with what gas funds I have, to find a job. Everyone keeps saying apply online. The next person that tells me that, I'm gonna say "I have no internet right now." and see what their response is then. I mean seriously, is it that difficult if I'm ALREADY there to give me a application? Bills need to be paid, and pets need to be taken care of! ---- sigh ---- sorry for the rant, it's just been rough and I feel like I'm losing hope.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know exactly what you are saying about the Job hunt & the applying online BS. At Home Depot I saw a sign, "Help Needed", apply in store or online. Well, being the old fart that I am, I felt that a more 'Personal' appearance is always the better option. So I go home, print out another copy of my resume, go back to the store in person. Go through 3 flunkies to find out exactly where to drop off the resume. Then get told that they don't accept "Paper", that they must be done online.

I told her that the sign says "Apply in store or Online", "I am in store", I said. She told me that then I am welcome to use the in store computer to apply online. :confused:

You are a young man, I sincerely hope\wish the best of luck to you. Get yourself settled & situated as young as you can jobwise, because you really do not want to be in my boots, job hunting @ 60 yo.

Good luck

Pat B

Super Moderator
God bless you both. There is something out there somewhere....I am so fortunate that I retired from the federal government at 62 and don't regret it one bit. Keep the faith, pray a lot and the Lord will take care of you. Best of luck to whoever is looking for a job!!

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well I have applied to a few places in the past week, going to give them a call this week to see if they are still hiring. Thank you both for the comforting words and I am continuing to pray about it :)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hope you find a job soon. Last night at 10:28 P.M. I had a Migraine Headache and took something for it. If I didn't take Tylenol Arthritis and a prescription strength Acid Reflux Pill, I would've been throwing up all night. The Migraine was gone, but I had the chills, nausea, and being feverish all night because I had strange dreams last night. So I had a stomach virus. It's going around.

Pat B

Super Moderator
@Noella....I hope you are feeling better today. I have never had a migraine or acid reflux....haven't heard very good things about either one. Lots of 'crap' going around so you just might have caught something. Snuggle with your little Allie....I know she will make you feel better! Maybe she will give a get well kiss!! :D

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She did! But today, she didn't give me a 'get well poop' today. Guess she knew what I went through last night all along. I noticed that she kissed me several times when I cuddled with her tonight. She looked at me for a long time with a get well smile.

I know I was getting a Migraine because I felt dizzy and almost fell on my face while getting the crickets their greens. I went to bed earlier than usual and woke up what seemed like every fifteen minutes to me to go to the bathroom, but it was almost every hour! Those two Tylenol Arthritis and Antacid helped me a lot by taking away the Migraine and making me less likely to throw up. I prayed before I went to bed not to let me go to the bathroom for number three. I hate doing number three because it's disgusting. I woke up around 9-9:30 this morning to a weird taste in my mouth and extreme thirst. I drank coke all day today. Seems coke seemed to keep my nausea down to minimum and settled my stomach down.

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh wow I'm so sorry Noella! Hope you feel better soon! I've always had Sprite or Gatorade to help settle my stomach but never Coke. That usually made it worse. On a bright side, I may have a freelance graphic design opportunity soon, so yay for that! It's not 100% yet but it's better than nothing.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yay for that! I'll cross my fingers for you! I'm feeling much better. No more virus but still Migraine. I had another Migraine yesterday. Whipped it in the bud before the headache came! :)

Sprite always had the opposite for me. I wanted Gatorade and chicken soup.

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Gatorade and Chicken Soup always the best solutions for any general illness! Plus saltine crackers! And oui, migraines can be a pain. I've had some recently that just make me wanna beat the crap out of stuff around the house. Never pleasant, and I can't take certain headache medicines again due to my stomach doctor telling me not to. I have to take the Equate Acitominaphine or however it's spelled stuff which helps for headaches but not migraines.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sometimes, I wish I could take out my brain and just run cool water over it. I've had to take Tylenol Arthritis or some Excedrin Migraine which works faster than any over the counter Tylenol. I don't always have Migraines, but when I do, all I want is a dark room, to sleep, and to be alone.

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Amen to that. The head pains I've had in this past year are excrutiating. Feels like fire all over my head and can't do a thing to stop it. Sometimes it will last for a few minutes, sometimes longer, depending on the amount of stress I'm going through I guess.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Stress contributes to mine. I've been having these tension headaches in the back of my neck. I thought maybe it was my pillows because I slept on two. I also had acid reflux so I couldn't sleep on one. I started sleeping on one pillow that's new and switch them out every night. I'd sleep with just my head on the pillow and not my shoulders. I'm a side sleeper and back sleeper. For one month, I didn't have any pain in my neck. It went away until recently.

I'm also use a memory foam mattress pad. I used to have back problems from a sprain so I'd get a firm mattress. Now that I'm getting better, I don't need a firm mattress.

Latest posts