• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rain Rain Rain

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I took Allie to the mailbox with me. I had an umbrella with me and she wanted to go down to the ground. I held the umbrella over her while she went to the bathroom. After she went, I picked her up and went to go inside the house. She went crazy and wanted to go down. I let her down and she went running, jumping, and trying to get into the rain. Crazy little girl...:D

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That's so cool that you took her outside and she went to the bathroom, she's like a dog!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She does it every day that it's warm and nice. Today, I just thought it'd let up and stop raining, but we're all rained out, they canceled the fireworks because of the rain we're having. :rolleyes: My plans for making s'mores and roasting marshmallows are out. (I dug out a small fire pit and placed decorative cement rings around it. Won't be having the fireworks until Sept. 7.

So-we're stuck inside the house.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That sucks. You'll have to make s'mores in the microwave.

Surprisingly we are supposed to have good weather so Dexter will get to go outside this weekend. I have no idea how she is going to handle the fireworks. I think she will be okay because most of them will start after 8 and she seems to sleep through everything. Although, last night I went to check on her frogs around 11 and she opened her eye to watch me.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We're all rained out. Everyone's canceling right and left or postponing them.

I'm planning on lighting it some other time when there's no sign of any rain. Besides, September 14th might be a great idea. That's my Mom's birthday.

Allie went out again and did her business. What a champ! (((Shakes head))) If only it'll stop raining long enough to talk a walk to lose more weight.

I also started a compost bin to help make more soil for my garden. I've got five tomato plants with buds, no flowers yet, one watermelon plant with two flowers, and one cantaloupe plant with a ton of flowers on them. They must be really happy in that area. I had a vegetable garden in that same spot and everything grew well. So I figured another garden would be a great idea.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My sister's birthday is September 14th! I love gardens but I live in an apartment building that doesn't have a yard. I have a small porch that I am able to put a couple of pots out in the summer so I always do tomatoes and peppers. It's been so cold here this spring, I started them inside in an Aerogarden and then transplanted them outside a few weeks ago. I wasn't sure they were going to survive the transplant but they are all starting to flower. Inside the house I am growing salad greens, dandelion leaves and flowers for Dexter. I thought it wouldn't hurt to try and grow her salad, maybe it could save me some money!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's been in the 80s-90s here. The lowest is 69.

Pat B

Super Moderator
Oh yes Noella....Rain Rain Rain!! I am in SC and it has rained every day for over 3 weeks....getting tired of it!!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh yes Noella....Rain Rain Rain!! I am in SC and it has rained every day for over 3 weeks....getting tired of it!!

I don't have to water the garden...:D That's a great deal and we've been through a nasty drought.

You know what else? They canceled the fire works and only a few places were having them. (Some Churches and people were setting them off.) The county made a mistake because after all that rain, it cleared out. It was dry for hours. They could have set them off in a parking lot where the stores were closed for the night.

I watched the fireworks on the TV from New York.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's stopped today and the sun peeked out. It's been partly cloudy and I was able to check out the garden out front. (It's doing well and having some tomato blooms, some watermelon blooms, cantaloupe blooms, and roses starting to bud.) It's so wet out there and people are outside mowing their wet grass. (My Late Dad told us not to mow the lawn because it'll clog the blade and burn out the motor.)

Latest posts