• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question about Eggs

ashleighloftin

Bearded Dragon Egg
My mom brought me two females at Christmas time and one female we know had previously been bred(rescue situation) last night while cleaning their cage I found 28 eggs...nonfertile, all were yellow and dented in. I was wondering if she could have been pregnant when I got her and just now laying or is it just a case of her laying infertile eggs? What should I do now? I have already double checked both are female and I have disposed of the eggs. None of which looked viable or healthy for that matter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes she could have held the sperm for a better position to lay, females can also lay infertile eggs. . As going thru that process she has spent alot of energy and used up alot of calcium while being gravid. You should also give her some calcium with D3 a few times a week along with the calcium alone, as well as a multi vit 1-2 times a week. If she needs some fattening up butterworms, waxworms, calci worms, hornworms, dubia roaches.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Also make sure when you dispose of the eggs, even infertile ones, you freeze them first just to be safe.

Get some high calcium bugs, silkworms and phoenix worms are good to help build up her calcium again.

Latest posts