• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pulse in beardie’s neck?

Nico spaz

Bearded Dragon Egg
I recently noticed I can see a pulse in my bearded dragons neck is this normal? Starting to freak out a little

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I recently noticed I can see a pulse in my bearded dragons neck is this normal? Starting to freak out a little
Not sure on that one--- how long have you noticed it?

Nico spaz

Bearded Dragon Egg
Not sure on that one--- how long have you noticed it?
I first noticed yesterday and then I started googling and I read about aneurysms and it really freaked me out but it’s not swollen and you can see the pulse on both sides of his neck. I’m going to make an appointment at the vet I just didn’t know if it was normal. It seems to be happening more when he’s stressed out. He’s in shed right now so he’s not too happy

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I first noticed yesterday and then I started googling and I read about aneurysms and it really freaked me out but it’s not swollen and you can see the pulse on both sides of his neck. I’m going to make an appointment at the vet I just didn’t know if it was normal. It seems to be happening more when he’s stressed out. He’s in shed right now so he’s not too happy
Ok I have reached out to someone who might know more about this

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you!
This is the response I received
Possibly it is normal. For any dragon that I've seen or read about that had an aneurysm it never mentioned seeing any pulsing.

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

I haven't ever noticed that on any of our dragons. From what I have seen or read, that shouldn't have anything to do with an aneurysm.
Do you have a video of it possibly?
Your dragon is acting normal that you can tell?

Tracie

Nico spaz

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes he’s normal besides that. He’s got little appetite right now but I think that’s because he’s fixing to shed his legs and he always gets super grumpy when he sheds his legs. lol I think I just panicked after I had googled it.. I tend to freak out when I see anything new that he does. He’s my first dragon and I love him so very much

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

That is good to hear he is doing well & has a
great appetite right now. They usually do get
a bit moody when they are shedding, you can't
really blame them.
It's hard not to worry about them though, as it
seems there are always problems that arise,
with reptiles.

Tracie

Latest posts