• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

previous beardie momma ooking for a Reputable breeder

cllathem

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie died of old age a couple of years ago. He was free range in the house with access to his tank for when he was feeling unsociable.

He was house broken and very personable, coming to me for cuddles or climbing up my bed to lay with me when I felt bad. (but I put him in his tank at night) He traveled everywhere wirh me. Im ready for another one, but dont trust pet stores, Craig's list or 10 year olds selling inbreds. How can I find a reputable breeder? I dont care about its color. Im not breeding. Just retired and lonely looking for a healthy hatchling.

Christine

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It amazes me at how smart they are and how they love to be with their human :) My Izzy came from Petco as a baby and she's a year old....not all petstore babies are unwell.. During the daytime I leave her lids off and she loves poking her head out the top so she can see what's going on and I take her with me alot when the weather is good and when it's a bit chilly I put her in her little nap bag and put her on my chest and throw a vest on :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree with Hdrydr31, not all pet store babies are bad. You just need to watch out for certain things, the same with getting from a breeder. You want a beardie that has clear eyes and no weird or questionable spots/sores or cuts on it's body. You want to pick one that is active in the tank and not sound asleep during the middle of the day. If you get there at feeding time, you can see which one hunts for it's food. Also, if the tank they are in has sand or wood chips as substate or is very dirty or overcrowded, you may want to avoid that store.

I got Dexter from PetSmart, she is 3 and Luci came from Petco, he is 2. Never had any medical problems with them (that weren't caused by their own stupidity).

Amanda A

Bearded Dragon Egg
I won't buy from big pet store's for the simple fact that I don't want to support them in any way. That being said, I got my Falcor from a local breeder whom I found on Craigslist. He had actually brought down a clutch from another breeder a couple hours north. She had so many that season that she found it helpful to send a clutch to a more populated area with more potential buyers (Chico to Sacramento). I believe she also ships, though. Here is a link to her (the original breeder) Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/saphiresbeardeddragons/

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I got Ody from dachiubeardeddragons.com/

They are a mom and pop family business; super kind, informative and willing to work with you.

They post new dragons every Sunday around 3ishpm EST.

They have great colors available; and again they were great to work with; when I get to the point of getting another dragon I will be going back.

Latest posts