• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Possible Brumation?

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
Draco is 7 months old, the past couple of days he's been "sleeping" a lot. He's still eating his crickets and I took him out for a little while today and he zoomed all around but when I put him back in his enclosure he went to his favorite laying spot and fell asleep and has been asleep ever since. It was about 3 hours before lights out. He usually never falls asleep until right after lights out.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Could he be getting ready to shed also when was his last poop? Dexter was doing the same thing for awhile, sleeping all the time but eating crickets and awake to play. Then Friday I woke up to find her tail getting ready to shed. She hasn't shed since May. She also won't poop in her tank, she would only go in her bath once a week. I started giving her every other day soaks and she poops and she's more alert during the day now.

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
He doesn't look like he's in shed. I just gave him a warm soak and he pooped. Now he's basking. It actually hit me that it could be the time change. I reset his timers to go off at the same time as before but maybe he's not used to it yet.. He always knew when his lights were about to go out cuz he would climb up on his branch and get into his sleeping position right before they went out. Who knows =P He's so confusing sometimes!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yes they are confusing! Could be he needs to get used to the time change. I was worried about Dexter because I didn't even think about her timers and her lights ended up going on at 4:50 am Sunday! She seems to have adjusted.

Latest posts