• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help with upgrading enclosure

Shaferar3

Hatchling Dragon
The rock is on is under the basking lamp, not the UVB. The UVB is to the side of it. If he sits on that side of the rock, it’s probably 6 inches from the light. It’s 12 inches to the floor. We are in the process of getting him into the 120 gallon zen habitat but they are back ordered until end of May so needed to figure out this lighting ASAP. I had to remove decor as he grew so big. He used to love the tree but lately has loved the hammock on the cool side.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The rock is on is under the basking lamp, not the UVB. The UVB is to the side of it. If he sits on that side of the rock, it’s probably 6 inches from the light. It’s 12 inches to the floor. We are in the process of getting him into the 120 gallon zen habitat but they are back ordered until end of May so needed to figure out this lighting ASAP. I had to remove decor as he grew so big. He used to love the tree but lately has loved the hammock on the cool side.
Ok so he is able to sit directly under the UVB? And its the T 5 or the T 8?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, if he were to move to the side of the rock or sit on the branch. It’s a T8. Should I get the T5 when we get the 120 gallon?
Yes-- T8's are not strong enough for the tank size - distance would still need to be 6-8 inches inside the tank - the T 5's are better suited for that size of a tank -- you can upgrade the light now or get it ordered and have it in the next month so you are ready for it -- but you want the T 5-- if you have a Pet Smart they carry the Arcadia Pro T 5 you want the 24 watt 12% bulb -- they are a good UVB

Latest posts