• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please Help in Directing Me.....

lazer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I was wondering if anyone here can tell me where I can purchase plastic mesh material that is BPA free?

It's about time that I put something in my Beardies house (specifically slate rocks) that I plan to first glue on to a piece of good wood with "Gorilla Glue."

After hopefully accomplishing this I would like to secure all of the pieces of slate with plastic mesh for two reasons:

1) Safety! Even though from what I heard, Gorilla glue is an extremely strong adhesive, I would feel that much safer if I can anchor all those pieces of slate down. My second reason is:

2) It will allow Lady to climb up without sliding downwards and while at the same time, having the slate help to keep her nails at the acceptable length. And the exercise and enjoyment factor for her is ALWAYS on my mind.

If anyone here feels that they have a better idea or disagree with what I am trying to do, PLEASE don't hesitate to offer any and every opinion,

I would make me immensely happy.

All of you have been so remarkably nice to me that I can do nothing to thank you enough so in place of that, I try to help as much as I am capable of doing.

Have a great week and please be careful out there.

Thank you all!

lazer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I would also like to apologize to everyone for not even being constantly aware ( :confused: ) of the option of "liking a post" so please accept my heartfelt apologies and I will try to start becoming more aware of that as well as making it a habit of "Liking" a post when I do.

It has been one sided up until now (and are you ready?) and please forgive me for that.

I am, as well as my middle son, an "apologist" and it is very difficult for us to break this habit. We both fear hurting others (He has OCD as well) and one of the myriad of obsessions of OCD is the "Fear of harming others."

I can tell you mind blowing stories of what I have done but I realize that this IS NOT what this board was intended for.

I'm making a feeble attempt to help others understand and try to put up with me.

But before posting something that addresses this, ask yourselves one thing:

Hey, there must be something seriously wrong with this guy's life for writing the things he does.

And all of you would be correct!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
For my chameleon I bought a polyester/vinyl window screen material at Menards. It comes in a roll, wasn't that expensive and it was pet safe.

lazer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm not sure if the following are national chains but is that material sold at Lowes or Home Depot?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yes, Lowes and Home Depot are the same type of store as Menards. You can probably get it at an Ace Hardware too. Any store that would sell home repair items like window screens, wood and tools. We can very easily get to Menards so that's the one we go to all the time.

lazer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
That's weird. I liked your post but never read it until now. Anyone thanks again dear .

Did you get a chance to read the article that I left for you (as well as others)?

It's in the "Tail Rot" thread.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I did read it. I'm so glad that we've advanced in medicine so that we don't need to use ox urine to cleanse wounds!

It's interesting to see how wounds are treated in different animals and different countries. I was watching a program last night and an elephant in Kenya had an infected wound on it's leg from an arrow. They knocked the animal out with a tranquilizer and then proceeded to cut out the infected tissue and what was left of the arrow, clean it with fresh water and then cover (and stuff the wound) with clay. They sent the elephant on his way and he was fine.

Latest posts