• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

once i move i gotta figure out how to talk the wife into this.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I recently had the pleasure of working with a albino western hognose and i am in love. Now for those that know me you also know my wife is adimately against snakes. I want at least one. Once i move to Georgia im going to break the topic open (after having spent a few months dropping subtle hints) so any advise lol.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
another good question. They are rear fanged (had no idea as the one i was working with never even struck at anyone though it did some hissing) and apparently mildly venomous. I gotta look it up unless someone beats me to the info. Do i need a hot license for hogs i wonder?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think ill have a easier time talking kristin into a hog than a constrictor considering hogs are relatively small and very pretty.

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
jewellery, chocolates , flowers and alot of wine wait til shes had a bottle lol, comming from another woman terrified of snakes ;D

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Good Luck convincing the missus mate, I have only recently gotten mine to relent into owning a snake after a decade of "thinking about it". I will be getting my Antaresia Maculosa (or an Antaresia Stimsoni) next year after our holidays.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
tell your wife that you assume ALL responsibilities and will feed F/T or prekilled to the snake and tell her you will put it somewhere where she cant see and make sure its locked super tight and of course bribe her with "oh honey, if you let me get this ill let you get w/e u want in equal price or ill do w/e u want for x amount of time"

TheVirus

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Coach bags work well on my wife. Shoe shopping is a sure fire way to get what I want too :)

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Being rear fanged is typically venomous, but they say that the hognose aren't. Their saliva is however toxic to some degree. Reactions can be very different between people due to the annaphilactic responses.

You have to check GA license to determine if you can keep them there. depends on which snakes are indigenous.

Watching Kristen around snakes at the show, i don't think the first thing I'd try to bring home was something she could research and find that it's got toxic properties. I'd probably go with something a little calmer, easier to google and get positive information about, and stick with the small bodied. Have you thought about a rosy boa?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lol i know i know. But i think i have her sold. All i have to do is build a insulated temp controlled shed in the backyard ::) so i may not do it lol

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Brian... that means house for rent... I rather doubt any apt complex would allow you to place a structure like that out in the commons ;)
Janie

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
oh im renting or buying a house anyway. i refuse to live in a apartment.
But i dont want to have to have anything living out away from the house. I dont think id want to do that.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welll... remember that one I showed you out in the country ? You can make a nice lean to against the back entrance... and house baby there ;)...
Janie... That really smart, annoying older sister....

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
we have moved to honduran milksnakes cause kristin found out there is a slight possibility of someone having an allergice reaction to a hognose bite due to the toxins that they produce from their rear fangs.

Latest posts