• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

No good eggs???

Kylie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all.
I am new to this forum thing. But I am begging to get a bit frustrated. And was hoping someone can help. I have a Male and a Female Beardie both going on 4 yrs. I have only ever managed to have 2 fertile clutches from them. Capri the female has laid 3 clutches in the last 6 weeks and only the first clutch had any fertile eggs. Any Ideas how to improve (my male) Zephyrs performance would be very much appreciated? He is doing the head bobbing and turning black, even chases her. But once hes on he thinks there might be someone better around and climbs off. I hope you can help?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Have you tried cooling your dragons? Brumation can increase fertility in males & females.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If it has laid 3 clutches in 6 weeks, you should be giving her a long rest & get her Calcium stores up once again, before attempting breeding again. Are they always housed together?