• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

No bugs

jennyquenn

Bearded Dragon Egg
I recently adopted an adult dragon (no history given) and I have concerns about his/her appetite. This dragon will eat an entire bowl of veggies but ignore any type of insect. Does anyone have ideas as to why this would be happening? I have an appointment with the Vet in 2 weeks for fecal and exam.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Can we see some pictures? Ill say that is pretty odd, i dont see it being a bad thing though, other than the dragon getting no protein, try adding some scrambled eggs on the salad next time :)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I recently adopted an adult dragon (no history given) and I have concerns about his/her appetite. This dragon will eat an entire bowl of veggies but ignore any type of insect. Does anyone have ideas as to why this would be happening? I have an appointment with the Vet in 2 weeks for fecal and exam.
Please No Enemas --- take a fecal in w/ you --- they can end in disaster --- what insects have you tried?

jennyquenn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please No Enemas --- take a fecal in w/ you --- they can end in disaster --- what insects have you tried?
I have tried Dubias, superworms, and Hornworms. He looks at it like he doesn't know what it is. I have only had him 10 days so I am hoping it is due to a new environment. We have a vet appointment in less than 2 weeks. I have no history on him, he was just dropped off. He is not thin and he does eat all his vegetables. Have been giving kale, collard, arrugula, yam, dandelion, and zucchini.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have tried Dubias, superworms, and Hornworms. He looks at it like he doesn't know what it is. I have only had him 10 days so I am hoping it is due to a new environment. We have a vet appointment in less than 2 weeks. I have no history on him, he was just dropped off. He is not thin and he does eat all his vegetables. Have been giving kale, collard, arrugula, yam, dandelion, and zucchini.
Good diet- give him some time he's still adjusting -- make sure your uvb is not a coil they are inadequate-long tube fixture please- Zoo Med or a Arcadia pro T 5 or a sunblaster nano-- 24" fixture for a 40 gallon tank or bigger- basking temps 95-100 taken w a digital probe thermometer-

jennyquenn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Good diet- give him some time he's still adjusting -- make sure your uvb is not a coil they are inadequate-long tube fixture please- Zoo Med or a Arcadia pro T 5 or a sunblaster nano-- 24" fixture for a 40 gallon tank or bigger- basking temps 95-100 taken w a digital probe thermometer-
Thank you for the information. No matter what his history had been, I promised to give him the best possible life.

Latest posts