• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Night Time Temp...

BDNewbie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok, So just when I think I have got all the temps right..... Winter is here ; /

The few mornings before last I have woke up and before her lights go on for the day her tank temp has been at exactly 60 degrees (Basking side). This is at 645 am. I am concerned it may go even lower during the night. We do not use the heat in our house. We just bundle up, use fireplace, and extra blankets at night.

I know the night time temp does need to go low for them and that 65 is good. I tried a CHE I had for back-up the last 2 nights and the temp was staying in the low - mid 70's. And that is on her basking side, so I would assume the cooler part of the tank is good. But she always sleeps on the warmer/basking side at night

My QUESTION is.... Is the night time temp of low-mid 70's still to warm for night? I just don't know what else to do?

Any Suggestions or 2 cents gladly taken.

Thanks Everyone!

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The low to mid 70s are just fine at night. The room my dragons are in stays at 76 degrees and they do really well. It's better to be warm than too chilly!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BDNewbie

Bearded Dragon Egg
The low to mid 70s are just fine at night. The room my dragons are in stays at 76 degrees and they do really well. It's better to be warm than too chilly!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thank you! I am a very concerned Mommy and that was my thought too.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
65-70 is good temp for night. It's okay for the whole tank to drop at night.

Latest posts