• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to bearded dragons!

Jackie_NYC

Bearded Dragon Egg
That's a great idea...I didn't even think to return it.
Yea, I'm talking from personal experience))
I'll attach 2 pics how approximately it should be look like before and after)

Attachments

• 20230402_182115.jpg
    20230402_182115.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 14
  • 20230815_183756.jpg
    20230815_183756.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 15

Beastiesfamily

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi thanks for allowing me to join the group. I did a search and it brought up pieces of posts and now I'm concerned. Just bought a beardy today at Petco got the 20 gallon habitat to start. Fresh water and ordered a hammock and some climbing greenery. How do I tell male or female? Has been moving a little bit here and there looking around. Should I let it get comfy for a period of time? TIA
Hi, welcome! A 20 gallon tank will not give enough room for proper heat zones. A 40 gallon would be more helpful until you can get a 120 gallon. UVB tubes lose strength and should be replaced every 6 months. What a cute beardie! It may take some time before you can tell if your baby is male or female. I had to take all my greenery out because my dragon tried to eat it! Try not to approach ( him / her) from above. They have a 3rd eye on the top of their head that detects shadows and they may get scared if they sense light changes above them. They see in infared so if you take your beardie outside in the sun you will look different to them and they may not recognize you. They may get scared/ defensive. There are great people here to help!

Latest posts