• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New owner

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You have no UVB light at all, just a heat lamp. You need this:

Yes please get a uvb ligght without they will get mbd and then have a slow and painful death. I’m not going to far this is a problem you need a 10.0 t5 strip uvb not a coil. I cannot stress how importan this is for your dragons life

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I am a new owner of my bearded dragon Zeus my grandson couldn’t take care of him anymore I don’t no how old he is I would like to no the best thing I should no about taking care of him
Oh my goodness get him a zoomed clear basking bulb and a Reptisun 10.0 T5 for uvb. Replace the UVB every 6Mnths or he will get bone disease. Without those especially the uvb he will get very brtttke bones, wont be able to eat or walk and then die. Order the Reptisun from Amazon the Lemgth should cover 70 percent of the tank. For now buy a Reptisun 10.0 T8 from petco or Petsmart then return it when the one from Amazon comes in its best to have to T5 & 10.0 is best. In the winter leave both lights on for 10-12 hours; more like 10 & in the summer 12-14 hours more like 14; they have more energy in the summer. At nite when u out him to bed; quiet and pure dark; No lights. Get a minimum 40 gallon tank or he will be stressed & have stunted growth. Petsmart sells an empty cage with doors in the front for $168. Lots of protein; crickets and Dubia roaches and a fresh plate of greens/veggies everyday. Best everyday ones are mustard greens, collard greens, dandelions, yellow squash (very high in calcium) butternut squash, green beans amd snap peas amd red bell peppers. Cut them to bite size for him and when idler the pieces can be a bit bigger. As treats 1/2 times a week bluebeerris & papaya; not too much coz sugar is not good fro them only in moderation. Baths twice a week for 15min minimum in lukewarm means a teeny bit warm; don’t get water in his ears but reptisafe of u don’t have a filter system cuz chlorine is bad for their skin so Reptisafe drops kills the chlorine.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes please get a uvb ligght without they will get mbd and then have a slow and painful death. I’m not going to far this is a problem you need a 10.0 t5 strip uvb not a coil. I cannot stress how importan this is for your dragons life
Agreed get the Reptisun 10.0 T5 Asap

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I measured Zeus 2 times and he is 15 feet
YES all Beardies need a clear zoomed heat lamp & a Reptisun 10.0 T5 for UVB & this uvb needs to be replaced every 6Mnths. U r proud of a Beardie living for 10’yrs they live for 15yrs tyoically and a Beardie needs Uvb!! He can go one day without and with none he will get MBD; shakes, shivers, tremors and seizures; weak bones & u able to walk or eat or move them death!! Replace it every 6Mnths always also!!

Vheefresch

Hatchling Dragon
Oh my goodness get him a zoomed clear basking bulb and a Reptisun 10.0 T5 for uvb. Replace the UVB every 6Mnths or he will get bone disease. Without those especially the uvb he will get very brtttke bones, wont be able to eat or walk and then die. Order the Reptisun from Amazon the Lemgth should cover 70 percent of the tank. For now buy a Reptisun 10.0 T8 from petco or Petsmart then return it when the one from Amazon comes in its best to have to T5 & 10.0 is best. In the winter leave both lights on for 10-12 hours; more like 10 & in the summer 12-14 hours more like 14; they have more energy in the summer. At nite when u out him to bed; quiet and pure dark; No lights. Get a minimum 40 gallon tank or he will be stressed & have stunted growth. Petsmart sells an empty cage with doors in the front for $168. Lots of protein; crickets and Dubia roaches and a fresh plate of greens/veggies everyday. Best everyday ones are mustard greens, collard greens, dandelions, yellow squash (very high in calcium) butternut squash, green beans amd snap peas amd red bell peppers. Cut them to bite size for him and when idler the pieces can be a bit bigger. As treats 1/2 times a week bluebeerris & papaya; not too much coz sugar is not good fro them only in moderation. Baths twice a week for 15min minimum in lukewarm means a teeny bit warm; don’t get water in his ears but reptisafe of u don’t have a filter system cuz chlorine is bad for their skin so Reptisafe drops kills the chlorine.
I bought from Amazon already will b here Friday

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I bought from Amazon already will b here Friday
Awesome also get a hideaway or I use a brown woven hammock from Petsmart behind the basking as another lounge area that’s less hot & I place a soft terry cloth over it and underneath the hammock a soft fleece blanket so that’s his hideaway/rest area. U can also get a small pillow bone/donit shaped very small they sell at pet stores they love to be propped up. They love watching tv also soft shows not violent/loud stuff. That’s their entertainment looking at things such as tv, outside greenery, etc. See attached photo. Mines a 120 gallon tank so I place a 50watt bulb in the cold side to have the temp on cold side around 75-78 & a 50watt above his hammock to have the temp around 84. Basking is 95-97 cuz he’s an adult. And my Reptisun 10.0 T5 for UVB is mounted inside the tank covering 70 percent of the tank starting at the hot side.

Attachments

• E821BC1A-DE34-4F7D-81C8-19CE47E48CFC.jpeg
    E821BC1A-DE34-4F7D-81C8-19CE47E48CFC.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 14

Vheefresch

Hatchling Dragon
Awesome also get a hideaway or I use a brown woven hammock from Petsmart behind the basking as another lounge area that’s less hot & I place a soft terry cloth over it and underneath the hammock a soft fleece blanket so that’s his hideaway/rest area. U can also get a small pillow bone/donit shaped very small they sell at pet stores they love to be propped up. They love watching tv also soft shows not violent/loud stuff. That’s their entertainment looking at things such as tv, outside greenery, etc. See attached photo. Mines a 120 gallon tank so I place a 50watt bulb in the cold side to have the temp on cold side around 75-78 & a 50watt above his hammock to have the temp around 84. Basking is 95-97 cuz he’s an adult. And my Reptisun 10.0 T5 for UVB is mounted inside the tank covering 70 percent of the tank starting at the hot side.
He has a big head is that normal

Vheefresch

Hatchling Dragon
Big head he climbs on his tree and go to sleep and does have a hide

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I didn’t have a coil bulb
Beardies needs proper UVB this is the one 10.0 T5 the length u order should cover 70 percent of the tank. Tank needs to be light and bright without uvb the Beardie will suffer, unable to walk or eat, brittle bones tremors shakes & die!! Order this

Attachments

• 7EA6A360-7833-4358-9F38-7EF174673327.png
    7EA6A360-7833-4358-9F38-7EF174673327.png
    3 MB · Views: 6

FinniansMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am a new owner of my bearded dragon Zeus my grandson couldn’t take care of him anymore I don’t no how old he is I would like to no the best thing I should no about taking care of him
Congratulations on your new dragon! There are some wonderful Youtube videos on “all things dragon” that will help you. I recommend you watch Animal1Guy who has an excellent video on lighting, and LizardGuru for tips on nutrition and general care. A good book is The Bearded Dragon Manual, which you can get at Barnes and Noble or Amazon. Good luck with him!

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Congratulations on your new dragon! There are some wonderful Youtube videos on “all things dragon” that will help you. I recommend you watch Animal1Guy who has an excellent video on lighting, and LizardGuru for tips on nutrition and general care. A good book is The Bearded Dragon Manual, which you can get at Barnes and Noble or Amazon. Good luck with him!
Buy a zoomed clear basking bulb for heat Amd a Reptisun 10.0 T5 for UVB. The uvb needs replacing every 6Mnths. E length u order for the uvb should cover 70 percent of the tank & should start at the hot side. Also a hideaway to get away from the uvb or u can get. A brown woven hammock from Petsmart & place a soft cloth over it and under it a soft fleece blanket so that will be like his comfy hideaway resting cave. Never ever use coiled or colored bulbs and never use colored bulbs at nite ever. Temp for a baby-juvenile should be 105-110 & for 8mnths old and above 96-100.. keep both lights on in the winter for 10-12 hours more liek 10 and in the summer both on for 12-14 hours; note like 14. At nite they like pure dark and quiet. I general they like quiet. They love to watch tv ans look at things. Feed crickets and Dubai roaches amd lots of greens/veggies the best are mustard greens, collard greens, dandelions, yellow squash, butternut squash, endives, green beans and snap peas and some red bell peppers. Fruits a few times a week; papaya and blueberries. Dust the crickets once per day 4tiles a week with repcal calcium pwder and once per day/week on a non calcium day with herptivite.

doki_doki_dragon

Hatchling Dragon
At the bottom of the tank, you can use newspapers
Some people use carpet or tile
Newspaper is a cheap decision and you can always upgrade it later
Easy to clean

Harveythebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have my bearded dragon tank covered with sand I know some sand is bad just make sure u do a lot of research on what sand to get if u want sand. And they make little green carpets as flooring so the bear die won’t slip and slide

Latest posts