• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Member: New Beardie Owner

Kisha Bouchor

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone. My name is Kisha and I recently got my first bearded dragon about a week ago. So far I noticed that "he" (and I'm just guessing on gender) is very energetic and loves being out of his cage and held. I've also noticed that he loves crickets and worms, loves collard greens and hates kale.

Sunday night after I got home from work(and exactly one week since I got him) I saw some shedded skin in his tank. I knew it would happen eventually but I didn't think it would happen that fast. Is that normal or is he shedding this "fast" because I'm feeding him too much?
3d751f08bcdb1eefd6a6b761fc670aee.jpg

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It's definitely not abnormal. Once they really start growing, I don't think there's ever more than a couple days where they aren't in shed. Shedding a lot in juveniles isn't an indicator of something being wrong, or feeding too much. It's actually a good sign. Your baby is being fed well enough to grow and thrive. You're doing good! Your little dragon is absolutely adorable by the way. Don't be afraid to shower us with photos!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mom2Dovakiin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I completely agree with Eavlynn. Shedding is absolutely normal for these adorable little babies and proves you are doing something right!:)
On the Kale, if I remember right, Kale isn't good in large quantities anyway, so it's a good thing he doesn't like it lol.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep as babies they are going to be in an almost constant shed lol

Latest posts