• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

NEW ! First pet

Dreanicole

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello I’m Drea I just got my beardie 5/2 which We’ve named Nova !
I’m very new to this ! Just here looking for pointers and advice and I’d like to share. My beardie has been acting strange she’s been doing a lot of running away from me she is small and I’m assuming she’s still adjusting to her new home. Any help is appreciated

Attachments

• 9766F256-7B4F-41BC-846C-217F596467D2.jpeg
    9766F256-7B4F-41BC-846C-217F596467D2.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello I’m Drea I just got my beardie 5/2 which We’ve named Nova !
I’m very new to this ! Just here looking for pointers and advice and I’d like to share. My beardie has been acting strange she’s been doing a lot of running away from me she is small and I’m assuming she’s still adjusting to her new home. Any help is appreciated
Aww shes adorable ---- welcome to the forum - she will go thru relocation stress so yes she is going to be scared out here in this big world ---- she will probably go off her eating or it will be slow but she should be eating something --- please go over the lighting in the tank -- what size is the tank ? What are you using for the UVB NO coils please they are inadequate ----- temps should be 105-110 for her and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- NO stick ons they are inaccurate -- NO colored bulbs NO heat mats adn NO heat rocks --- those basking temps and UVB are the TWO MOST important things in the tank -- they control the over all health and behavior of the dragon

Dreanicole

Bearded Dragon Egg
Aww shes adorable ---- welcome to the forum - she will go thru relocation stress so yes she is going to be scared out here in this big world ---- she will probably go off her eating or it will be slow but she should be eating something --- please go over the lighting in the tank -- what size is the tank ? What are you using for the UVB NO coils please they are inadequate ----- temps should be 105-110 for her and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- NO stick ons they are inaccurate -- NO colored bulbs NO heat mats adn NO heat rocks --- those basking temps and UVB are the TWO MOST important things in the tank -- they control the over all health and behavior of the dragthank you

Dreanicole

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you
So I bought the zoomed 40 gal kit and it did come with a coiled uv . What kind should I get to replace it with?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you
So I bought the zoomed 40 gal kit and it did come with a coiled uv . What kind should I get to replace it with?
Ok I am going to post a link this is the best on the market now -- its good you caught this early alot of people dont and then come here a post cuz the dragon is lethargic or not able to walk
https://www.amazon.com/Reptisun-260...t5+ho+terrarium+hood+24&qid=1620691702&sr=8-2 this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb that can be used for a back up the 10.0 bulb you need to install it -- what kind of screen is on the tank -- is it a fine mesh type like a screen door or a wide hole type of screen?
Make sure you dont use any colored bulbs if they came w/ the kit they are no good and will cause eye damage - you want a bright white basking bulb

Dreanicole

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok I am going to post a link this is the best on the market now -- its good you caught this early alot of people dont and then come here a post cuz the dragon is lethargic or not able to walk
https://www.amazon.com/Reptisun-260...t5+ho+terrarium+hood+24&qid=1620691702&sr=8-2 this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb that can be used for a back up the 10.0 bulb you need to install it -- what kind of screen is on the tank -- is it a fine mesh type like a screen door or a wide hole type of screen?
Make sure you dont use any colored bulbs if they came w/ the kit they are no good and will cause eye damage - you want a bright white basking bulb
It’s like a screen door. On top. Is there any other type that I can get thts not at Amazon as it will take a while

Dreanicole

Bearded Dragon Egg
Can a 15w us be used?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can a 15w us be used?
That would be a T 8 and different fixture and it would need to go INSIDE the tank--- the T 5 can sit on top of the tank but the screen needs to be WIDE holed --- these bulbs have different distances they need to be -- I recommend the 24" fixture incase you want to upgrade the 40 gallon to a 75-120 gallon down the road --- that fixture would go right into a bigger tank -- the T 8 comes in a 18" and 20 " fixture -- I would get the 24"

Latest posts