• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Enclosure, Officially Named & Feeling Good!

BDNewbie

Bearded Dragon Egg
We have officially named our new BD and have her moved into her new enclosure!! Thanks to this wonderful community I am feeling so good and confident after my initial post 2 weeks ago.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Although it is too early to know the gender, we are going with SHIVA! You should have seen the list my Husband, Daughter and I had going. To get the 3 of us to agree was torture. But as soon as SHIVA rolled off our tongues and we researched it, we loved it!

Shiva is a Hindu Deity, the Supreme being who creates, protects and transforms the universe. The main attribute of Shiva is the third eye on his forehead.

We got this new enclosure on a stand (storage underneath yay!) from letgo.com for $100!! It is a 4x2x2. Has vents, fans and 3 light fixtures installed. We just gave it a good scrubbing, added a 36 in. tube fixture and are going to get new glass doors and a background for it. You can kind of see in the pics that the 2 corners where you slide the doors open - the previous owners pet had really scratched it up. The Buddha statue will be replaced with a statue of Shiva, of course. Once it arrives.

Shiva LOVES her new home and has been actively exploring. We are maintaining all 3 zone temps (Got me an IR temp gun) good and because this is not all glass, it seems to retain heat and have not had to use CHE heat at night. Staying in the high 60's :)

Got our 1st shipment of Phoenix Worms and Dubia's last week and she is really enjoying those. She has yet to take a bite of salad, but we offer it anyways and know someday she will.

She started her 1st shed (in our care) a few days ago and she enjoys her baths every few days.

She is super friendly, enjoys us holding her and is such a character! We are in LOVE!!

Shiva 1.jpg

Shiva 3.jpg

Shiva 4.jpg
Shiva 5 .jpeg
Shiva 2.jpg

I LOVE this last pic but all the damn scratches in glass totally ruin it. I see her saying, "Oh I love my new tank, Thank you! Look at her lil hands!

Really BIG Thanks again for everyone's advice and learning from previous threads!

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The enclosure you found is fantastic! Very nice find. I love the name Shiva, and it sounds like you're doing a great job with her.

That last picture is too cute! Do you think you can replace the glass panels?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BDNewbie

Bearded Dragon Egg
The enclosure you found is fantastic! Very nice find. I love the name Shiva, and it sounds like you're doing a great job with her.

That last picture is too cute! Do you think you can replace the glass panels?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thank you! And yes we are going to replace the glass. Already have 1 quote for $80 (both panels). Which is not bad but also not needed asap considering holiday shopping time. It was dusk when bought the tank and I thought it was just dirty lol. But for $100 I think it was a steal. :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Looks good and CUTE little baby! I love the last picture too!!

Don't worry about the salad, keep feeding it but don't stress if he/she doesn't eat it right away. Babies need more protein.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What a good deal and love the name!! what a cutie you got there!!

Latest posts