• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New adult BD wont eat°° she use to be great eater

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She was eating well when she arrived. Down hill from there
Is she still lethargic? Please post a pic of her and her tank so we can get a better idea of what may be the issue---

jodygrindle

Hatchling Dragon
Is she still lethargic? Please post a pic of her and her tank so we can get a better idea of what may be the issue---
Seems to be slow,,but she always has been. She's staying on cool side. Basking spot 102, cool. Side 79. Will not eat any

jodygrindle

Hatchling Dragon
Here's her tank

Attachments

• 20240501_141737.jpg
    20240501_141737.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240501_141734.jpg
    20240501_141734.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240501_141729.jpg
    20240501_141729.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here's her tank
Ok -- when she basks on the hot side how long does she bask for? I see the UVB is in the tank -- and its a new bulb-- has she ever been tested for parasites? this can cause lack of eating - when she poops is it real runny and stink so bad you can smell it out of the room ? With her not eating get a weight on her now weigh in grams kitchen food scale -- keep track of it - she is of good weight so its not going to hurt her to lose weight but we dont want her to continuously to lose weight either -- it could be shes going thru a spell of not being hungry they will do that -- have you tried mixing the insects up giving different things for her to eat - have you tried super worms or any kind of treat worm?

jodygrindle

Hatchling Dragon
Ok -- when she basks on the hot side how long does she bask for? I see the UVB is in the tank -- and its a new bulb-- has she ever been tested for parasites? this can cause lack of eating - when she poops is it real runny and stink so bad you can smell it out of the room ? With her not eating get a weight on her now weigh in grams kitchen food scale -- keep track of it - she is of good weight so its not going to hurt her to lose weight but we dont want her to continuously to lose weight either -- it could be shes going thru a spell of not being hungry they will do that -- have you tried mixing the insects up giving different things for her to eat - have you tried super worms or any kind of treat worm?
Yes, I've tried superworms, dubias, hornworms, etc....she will stay in jot spot all day

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, I've tried superworms, dubias, hornworms, etc....she will stay in jot spot all day
Ok keep offering her food watch the weight and see what she does - I am thinking its relocation stress at this point

jodygrindle

Hatchling Dragon
Ok keep offering her food watch the weight and see what she does - I am thinking its relocation stress at this point
How come she ate like crazy when she got here, then then slowly over 2 week period ate less and less each day??

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How come she ate like crazy when she got here, then then slowly over 2 week period ate less and less each day??
I don't know - it happens could be the weather - she is going thru relocation stress- babies do the same thing - eat like mad then back off- what keeps them eating is their basking temps and uvb and your are on par-

jodygrindle

Hatchling Dragon
I don't know - it happens could be the weather - she is going thru relocation stress- babies do the same thing - eat like mad then back off- what keeps them eating is their basking temps and uvb and your are on par-
Thank you

Latest posts