• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardies won't lay her eggs?

JoeyyNY

Hatchling Dragon
So My Tazzy mated with my Gizmo on the 10th of sept.

She has put on some weight and I feel the eggs in her, She has stopped eating for about a week already and she's been restlesss scratching & trying to escape her enclosure (150gal) now I had been putting her in her laybox for 2 days for few hours a day or until I hear her trying to escape from the laybox but she does not want to lay her eggs!! She was digging when I first put her in the laybox but now she had stopped and just wants out when I put her in the laybox. Any advice on what I should do??
uploadfromtaptalk1443638166036.jpg

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
never done any breeding - you might try letting her to run around for a bit, then put her back in. i think i remember reading that it may take several weeks. maybe she's just not ready ?

JoeyyNY

Hatchling Dragon
Do you have a source I can read? This is my first time breeding so really not sure what to do at laying process lol

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
sorry - no experience. i've got a female but she is retired from breeding. hopefully others with more experience will reply

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I read that it can take 4-6 weeks from mating for the eggs to form and for her to lay them....maybe she's just not ready to lay them yet.

JoeyyNY

Hatchling Dragon
I read that it can take 4-6 weeks from mating for the eggs to form and for her to lay them....maybe she's just not ready to lay them yet.
Yeah, I just read that.. I ended up getting her insurance going to take her for a check up just to make sure everything is fine.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club

Latest posts