• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my beardie has a bent tip at his tail

jessya

Bearded Dragon Egg
my beardie has a bent tip of his tail like it's hanging off but no open wound should I be worried his tail still perks up and it doesn't seem to bother him

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
can you help us with a picture?

jessya

Bearded Dragon Egg
1467547368057-174351045.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea it looks like it got pinched between something.. Mine had the same thing and in time it fell off on it's own. As long as it's clean, doesn't become infected it will fall off on it's own in time.. Keep and eye on it however for infection, as you don't want him to loose anymore of his tail and need to be surgically fixed.
On a side note I would stay clear of mealworms as they contain alot of chitlin in their shell making them very hard to digest and can cause impaction.
How old is your dragon? can you give us a big picture? Kinda looks like by the tail he may be on the skinny side. What else are you feeding? what's your lighting, temps?
Don't mean to ask alot just curious as I see the packaged bearded dragon food and live and fresh greens and veggies are the way to go...
You can take a look at the links below several of our comments and it will take you to a link that we've put together on general info that has everything you need.

Welcome to the forum BTW :) look forward to seeing and hearing more!

Kathryn Kinney

Juvenile Dragon
I agree it does look like it was pinched. If you got him that way it was probably from when he was younger and a cage mate prob ate a cricket that was on his tail and unfortuneatly his tail got in the way. As long as it looks clear from any signs of infection I would not worry.

jessya

Bearded Dragon Egg
yes I got him from the pet store he was very map nourished we thought he wasn't going to make it iv spent every day giving him what he needs he uses the bathroom regularly energetic and loves me he said not comfortable with anyone in the house but me my parents wanted to give up on him but I didn't

Latest posts