• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My bearded dragon

Kmrs

Bearded Dragon Egg
He is one year old called thunder he is not eating much at all a little salad a worm here and there he has had nothing today he did have orange wee but it is white now he is 700 hundred grams but he just won’t eat and I am a terrible worrier he bobbed once and went black a couple weeks ago I am struggling with the humidity with the weather it’s getting up to 45 he wants out his cage all the time but my main issue is his eating I am scared

GSieg

Hatchling Dragon
Well he is a BIG boy 700g is massive. As for the orange urates, sounds like he is dehydrated, also probably why he isn't eating much. How are you offering water to him? Humidity going up to 45 wouldn't cause this.

Kmrs

Bearded Dragon Egg
Well he is a BIG boy 700g is massive. As for the orange urates, sounds like he is dehydrated, also probably why he isn't eating much. How are you offering water to him? Humidity going up to 45 wouldn't cause this.
He will only drink in the bath which I have been offering a few extra

Attachments

• 61476ffb-2dff-435c-b613-823f10e834ac.jpeg
    61476ffb-2dff-435c-b613-823f10e834ac.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1236.jpeg
    IMG_1236.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1237.jpeg
    IMG_1237.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1220.png
    IMG_1220.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 15

GSieg

Hatchling Dragon
Yea pretty sure "he" is a "she" and gravid. Their urates darken, they dig a lot, they don't eat as much. 100% suggest getting a dig box, something she can get into and dig (at least 4 inches of damp soil)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The surface basking temps are what? And how are you taking them? No stick ons please - you want digital probe thermometers -- your UVB is a long tube fixture or a coil? these things I am asking about control the overall health and behavior of the dragon- if any of this is off its going to effect him in many different ways - humidity should be taken w/a digital probe hygrometer placed on the back center wall of the tank -- are you feeding any supplements?

Sheldon2023

Bearded Dragon Egg
He is one year old called thunder he is not eating much at all a little salad a worm here and there he has had nothing today he did have orange wee but it is white now he is 700 hundred grams but he just won’t eat and I am a terrible worrier he bobbed once and went black a couple weeks ago I am struggling with the humidity with the weather it’s getting up to 45 he wants out his cage all the time but my main issue is his eating I am scared

Kmrs

Bearded Dragon Egg
The surface basking temps are what? And how are you taking them? No stick ons please - you want digital probe thermometers -- your UVB is a long tube fixture or a coil? these things I am asking about control the overall health and behavior of the dragon- if any of this is off its going to effect him in many different ways - humidity should be taken w/a digital probe hygrometer placed on the back center wall of the tank -- are you feeding any supplements?
Yes I have all the right stuff uvbwith the coil I someone did tell me to leave his door open a bit for the heat and humidity

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes I have all the right stuff uvbwith the coil I someone did tell me to leave his door open a bit for the heat and humidity
Coils are a health hazard --- this would be a good reason he has stopped eating --- they do not let the dragon absorb or synthesize the calcium hes eating - surface basking temps are what?

Kmrs

Bearded Dragon Egg
Coils are a health hazard --- this would be a good reason he has stopped eating --- they do not let the dragon absorb or synthesize the calcium hes eating - surface basking temps are what?
I am new to this is this right

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10

Sheldon2023

Bearded Dragon Egg
I agree with Sadie. Settings in the tank will greatly throw off overall health. When you take him out of his tank, does his behavior change? Will he eat if offered outside of his tank. I know my baby will not eat well if the tank is off or even slightly dirty.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am new to this is this right
Please get two digital probe thermometers --- are you in the states? What is the brand and bulb of the UVB please look on the bulb itself it will tell you-- how old is the UVB bulb?

Kmrs

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please get two digital probe thermometers --- are you in the states? What is the brand and bulb of the UVB please look on the bulb itself it will tell you-- how old is the UVB bulb?
It’s brand new arcadia

Sheldon2023

Bearded Dragon Egg
For sure do not recommend coil or personally red lights. I have a 3 light set up (some say may be too much) I use the tube for UVB, have a basking light and a bulb just for light. I also need a ceramic bulb for night as my house is typically cold. You can try using a calcium supplement if you are unable to change bulbs/fixtures right now. I would start with that as soon as you can.

Latest posts