• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My almost 8 week old bearded dragon accidentally ate a super-worm

ReeceM

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a baby bearded dragon, Phoenix. He is great in every way and a terrific eater, but this morning when I was feeding him there was a super-worm in his eating spot. I assumed it was put there by my brother, my brother has a bearded dragon too, she's over a year old. In the past Phoenix has cared for super-worms so i didn't remove it, (bad choice) He was eating when he spotted a super-worm, he dove to eat it and immediately tried to stop him but he started to gulp it down. I tried to pull it out of his mouth but he had a strong grip. He ate the whole thing and he's now in his basking spot. What do you think I should do?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a baby bearded dragon, Phoenix. He is great in every way and a terrific eater, but this morning when I was feeding him there was a super-worm in his eating spot. I assumed it was put there by my brother, my brother has a bearded dragon too, she's over a year old. In the past Phoenix has cared for super-worms so i didn't remove it, (bad choice) He was eating when he spotted a super-worm, he dove to eat it and immediately tried to stop him but he started to gulp it down. I tried to pull it out of his mouth but he had a strong grip. He ate the whole thing and he's now in his basking spot. What do you think I should do?
Nothing --- just watch his poop ---- one should not hurt him but its the size of the worm --- he should not have any insect bigger than the space between his eyes length wise ---

ReeceM

Bearded Dragon Egg
Nothing --- just watch his poop ---- one should not hurt him but its the size of the worm --- he should not have any insect bigger than the space between his eyes length wise ---
Thank you, I won't let him have any in the future. I'm concerned for this day. Should he bask for his normal time or longer to help him digest?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you, I won't let him have any in the future. I'm concerned for this day. Should he bask for his normal time or longer to help him digest?
Normal time- you can get him some small superworms for tops of his salads- feed 2-3 every couple of days

Latest posts