• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mites

Tempanys16

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello!

So buddy has mites and just bought some Taurus mites and put them in his Viv. I’m going to let them do their thing and then completely empty the Viv out and disinfect the whole thing, I’m going to boil his rocks and plants and stuff to make sure there aren’t any left lingering. But I have one of them foam wall backgrounds and I have a coconut fibre background also, will these need to be chucked or is there a way of cleaning them? They are new and as you are aware not very cheap! Any help or information would be great. I just don’t want to waste them.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello!

So buddy has mites and just bought some Taurus mites and put them in his Viv. I’m going to let them do their thing and then completely empty the Viv out and disinfect the whole thing, I’m going to boil his rocks and plants and stuff to make sure there aren’t any left lingering. But I have one of them foam wall backgrounds and I have a coconut fibre background also, will these need to be chucked or is there a way of cleaning them? They are new and as you are aware not very cheap! Any help or information would be great. I just don’t want to waste them.
I would get rid of them --especially the coconut fibre one-- that is dusty and will / can cause RI -- we never recommend coconut anything

Latest posts