• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

*Lighting Guidance* for our sweet Pascal

BeardieMama40

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks to this forum, I’m getting my Beardie’s home dialed in, but today I realized I think I have his lighting wrong

Pictures of the UV tube and basking bulb attached, as well as his full enclosure. He’s in a 40 gal tank with front sliding glass.

Open to all help and guidance as I know how important lighting is, thanks to all of you

Notes: Substrate is paper towels (getting tiles this weekend) and faux leaves have been ordered. He has a shallow water dish, salad bowl, and Dubia dish, although we also hand feed as part of our bonding. He prefers to sleep under his log hide, basks directly under the light or on his climbing stick.

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• 83974F7D-AFDC-4A11-9CD8-6D4B91D96F5D.jpeg
    83974F7D-AFDC-4A11-9CD8-6D4B91D96F5D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 0D730868-0165-47AD-A75C-EC7743FCB808.jpeg
    0D730868-0165-47AD-A75C-EC7743FCB808.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
  • DEF44A91-5063-438C-8E32-E764B43E764D.jpeg
    DEF44A91-5063-438C-8E32-E764B43E764D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • BDFF50B7-AFA5-4FC1-8E4C-8A53E77B7172.jpeg
    BDFF50B7-AFA5-4FC1-8E4C-8A53E77B7172.jpeg
    911.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 1A3868EC-6676-4B43-9E59-FB21B608B78D.jpeg
    1A3868EC-6676-4B43-9E59-FB21B608B78D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum :) , your uvb seems correct, t5 10.0 is what i have, whats the bulb on the left though ? Is that the heat bulb? And are ur temps close to 105? Babies tend to like it warmer than adults.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks to this forum, I’m getting my Beardie’s home dialed in, but today I realized I think I have his lighting wrong

Pictures of the UV tube and basking bulb attached, as well as his full enclosure. He’s in a 40 gal tank with front sliding glass.

Open to all help and guidance as I know how important lighting is, thanks to all of you

Notes: Substrate is paper towels (getting tiles this weekend) and faux leaves have been ordered. He has a shallow water dish, salad bowl, and Dubia dish, although we also hand feed as part of our bonding. He prefers to sleep under his log hide, basks directly under the light or on his climbing stick.

Thanks in advance!!
Make sure your T 5 is 12-15 inches above the basking decor piece from the pic it looks like it is but you dont want it over 15 inches - a piece of decor should be placed directly under the basking light - I would get two digital probe thermometers and place one probe on the basking decor directly under it to get your temp - the IR gun is good but its not as accurate as the digital probes are - IR guns will not read off of hammocks either if you ever decide to get one -- you will need a probe --- also if you do decide to get a hammock please get a fleece one or a cloth one - the mesh ones often cause injury to the toes and legs as they get caught in the holes --just a FYI-- you can look here for those www.pamperedbeardies.com -- they have other stuff too -- if hes not drinking from the water dish I would remove it its going to make the humidity in the tank rise - please look in to getting a digital probe hygrometer place it in the center of the back wall it will read the whole tank - optimal humidity 30-50% nothing under 20 or over 70% - the stick ons you have are good for nite time temps --- what are you getting for basking temps w/ the IR gun? they should be 105-110 for him for now as he gets older he wont want temps that hot - around 6-7 months around 95-100 from there on out -

BeardieMama40

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you!! I have a digital probe thermometer and right now his basking spot is at 105 and will likely go up a few more degrees as the house warms up this afternoon.
I think my IR gun isn’t working (user error?) so I’ll stick with the digital probes. May just ditch it.
Will add a second digital probe on the cool site and a hygrometer in the middle.
Thank you so much!

Krystal0

Juvenile Dragon

Thanks in advance!!
Like your sliding door

Latest posts