• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

light preference fluorescent vs mvb

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I like a tube style bulb, a Reptisun 10.0 HO T5 bulb to be exact. I like having my basking bulb and UVB separate. Reason being is I've gone through so many different types and wattages of basking bulbs to find the one that gets my basking spot to the right temp. I would hate to have to buy more than one MVB bulb to find the one that gets my basking spot right. My UVB bulb spans the length of the tank, I know that it really only needs to cover 2/3'rds of the tank but I like the way that it brightens up the whole tank. I offer hides on both sides so they have places to escape the light.

naturalman91

Bearded Dragon Egg
I like a tube style bulb, a Reptisun 10.0 HO T5 bulb to be exact. I like having my basking bulb and UVB separate. Reason being is I've gone through so many different types and wattages of basking bulbs to find the one that gets my basking spot to the right temp. I would hate to have to buy more than one MVB bulb to find the one that gets my basking spot right. My UVB bulb spans the length of the tank, I know that it really only needs to cover 2/3'rds of the tank but I like the way that it brightens up the whole tank. I offer hides on both sides so they have places to escape the light.

little late for reply but thanks. would a arcadia 12% uvb be ok? i use them for my tortoises

Latest posts