• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lady bugs

lauruven

Hatchling Dragon
Im concerned since i been seeing lady bugs around the house lately that 1 might find its way into my bd enclosure. Im considering placing a fine screen over the screen top but it would then compromise the uvb exposure and if mounted inside cage (the uvb) then it will b too close to basking spot thats unmovable because its part of the background & id then b concerned about over exposure. What should i do?
Current uvb is acardia 15% but i do have the 12% bulb that i replaced before it had even run for 6mths. The current distance of uvb from basking area wit fixture sitting on top of screen top with medium size hole openings. Its a zoomed or some other reptile brand lid for a 75g.tank is 11".

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Im concerned since i been seeing lady bugs around the house lately that 1 might find its way into my bd enclosure. Im considering placing a fine screen over the screen top but it would then compromise the uvb exposure and if mounted inside cage (the uvb) then it will b too close to basking spot thats unmovable because its part of the background & id then b concerned about over exposure. What should i do?
Current uvb is acardia 15% but i do have the 12% bulb that i replaced before it had even run for 6mths. The current distance of uvb from basking area wit fixture sitting on top of screen top with medium size hole openings. Its a zoomed or some other reptile brand lid for a 75g.tank is 11".
Put it in the tank w/a 12% bulb 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor -

MasterSplinter

Bearded Dragon Egg
If you cannot move the basking area and you say it’s 11”s from light I would suggest

MasterSplinter

Bearded Dragon Egg
If you cannot move the basking area and you say it’s 11”s from light I would suggest
If you cannot move the basking area and you say it’s 11”s from light over screen already with wider holes I would suggest keeping your 14% still since you’ve already got 6 months on your 12 and I assume you don’t have a uvb meter to measure the output. But like you said a finer screen would compromise possibly too much uvb. Can you move the enclosure to another area for the moment even? Or putting a hood over the enclosure could also probably work. Also if going inside enclosure at that distance I would advise getting a t8 and not a t5. Mounting inside your enclosure would also be having the light closer which I wouldn’t want basking area being no more than 9” away from the light. In my opinion you have a pretty good setup as is and I would strive not to try and change anything if at all possible. I have a dubia enclosure with 14% bulb and get uvi at 3 at basking spot being only 9” away from light if that helps any.

Latest posts