• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Kyuubi is still around!

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ok, last post I made was back in September and it was when I was taking Kyuubi to the vet and i was told he had MBD. I was devastated, i gave him as much calcium as I could and multivitamins!

I took the best care of him I could and he still got MBD.....or did he?

Wanting a second opinion i drove five hours to a vet that studied bearded dragons and many other reptiles his whole life and knows more about them then I thought possible.

It always bothered me that the MBD only effected his spine and not his toes, legs, or anything else. it bothered the vet to0.

he ran some tests on him(not cheap) and it came back as Normal calcium levels and no MBD. After MORE testing the TRUE answer came to light.

Kyuubi has scoliosis, the doctor said it is probably genetic. He said had anyone else been taking care of him they might have killed him. the over care i gave him may have kept him alive.

Now i finally know that there was nothing i did or did not do that caused this.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I have to be very genital with him and support his spine as best i can anytime he is picked up. there really is nothing i can do for him to help stop the progression, it will continue till he is done growing.

I also have to make sure he does not stop moving his tail because it stands the chance of locking up.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I never heard of scolosis in dragons before and thought only humans get it. But I guess any kind of animal and reptile got it. Why, I remember one of my classmates having it.

But it's a good thing he has you instead of someone else. Someone else might not be so understanding. As long as he has you, he'll know you'll care for him and help him through his dilemma of growing with a curved spine. (I know that Allie knows I care for her like a child of mine because just by looking at her face and body language.) They know who cares for them and who doesn't. Good luck and have a good weekend.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It just so happens to be snowing here and i took him outside wrapped in a towel and he tried to eat the falling snow.

Latest posts