• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Juvenile Beardie, jumbo poop?

beeneufe

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hi all. Not the most pleasant topic but alas, a very real one.

Some background info on Artemis: I received her from a friend who couldn't keep her, I am guessing she is somewhere around 4-6 months, but unsure. She had a parasite early on but I was told she was taken to the vet and everything was fine.

So for the poop. I ran out of crickets and the pet store was also out, so I had to resort to my superworm stash for my chameleon. I knew they were a little big for her but I had no other option. Anyway, she destroyed all the ones I gave her. However, she started to look a little bloated and skipped a day of her regular popping. I was a little concerned (impacting and whatnot) but not overly, as one day didn't seem crazy. I have been giving her warm baths to help with shedding and her bloating, and after hers today I came to discover the mountain (well in regards to her body size). There was no blood and no sign of undigested worms and the urate was white, it was just... Larger than normal and a little soft. Is this okay or should I be concerned?

*her toe is not always that bent don't worry xD

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
nothing wrong with a healthy poop!

beeneufe

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I am relieved to hear that.
I have a chameleon and I guess I'm so used to being on high alert with his health issues that I'm not used to the beardie's hardiness :rolleyes:

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Oh yeah that is a nice healthy poop! I use supers as a staple and my boy will do that where he will skip a day and the next day he will leave a big poop.

Oh and the toe is perfectly normal. Those big toes are very flexible and always tend to bend in weird ways. I can't remember the exact reason, it's something about making it easier for them to climb DOWN from a tree.

Latest posts