• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this brumation?

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I think dinky is get ready for brumation
She's eating like a little piggy but is sleeping alot. She's pooping normal and drinking.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If she is going into brumation - not waking up, not pooping - cut down on her food, please. You don't want a lot of food in her just sitting there. She may be ok for a bit - eating to fatten up for the fast so to speak, but watch her bowel habits

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If she is going into brumation - not waking up, not pooping - cut down on her food, please. You don't want a lot of food in her just sitting there. She may be ok for a bit - eating to fatten up for the fast so to speak, but watch her bowel habits
She's waking up to eat then going back to sleep. I bath her every few days so she poops. After she has eaten I put her under her basking bulb for a few hours. Blinky has started to do the same ( started yesterday ) I'm gonna take them to the vets on Monday just to make sure they are ok

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
She's waking up to eat then going back to sleep. I bath her every few days so she poops. After she has eaten I put her under her basking bulb for a few hours. Blinky has started to do the same ( started yesterday ) I'm gonna take them to the vets on Monday just to make sure they are ok

Sounds like brumation to me. I hate brumation. Some dragons will sleep from September to May!

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm not overly worried because they are eating drinking and pooping.

And that's all that counts! It would be different if they weren't pooping or something. But everything send to be working normal!

What a good mum they have to be going to vet just to make sure. I wish there were more people like you. Heck I wish people would take their beardies to the vet period.

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Well if they were human children they would go doctors. N these are my babies so they go to vets. I'd hate something to go wrong with them that could have be provented by a quick trip to vets.
I've just set up cctv before I go work that I can watch on my phone so I can keep a eye on them lol

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Well if they were human children they would go doctors. N these are my babies so they go to vets. I'd hate something to go wrong with them that could have be provented by a quick trip to vets.
I've just set up cctv before I go work that I can watch on my phone so I can keep a eye on them lol

Not that i worry to much about them lol

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran

You make me smile! CCTV! How lovely is that?

I agree with you on the children and yes these are your girls. But most people don't see them like we do. These girls and boys (can't forget Wally) can go downhill so fast and just like you said it could have been stopped with a trip to the vets.

I just called my vet on Wally yesterday because he was doing something out of the ordinary and it freaked me out.

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
a4f51d893796667fcec1c391a938e041.jpg
Dinky lol

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I know bless her. She looks comfy enough lol. Gonna give them their blanket tonight lol. Apparently according to boyfriend they are spoilt enough without being tucked in bed aswell lol

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I know bless her. She looks comfy enough lol. Gonna give them their blanket tonight lol. Apparently according to boyfriend they are spoilt enough without being tucked in bed aswell lol

Nah! Never! They need bankies! Both of mine have their own bankies!
Look at Wally's.

6ab44aeb2e573a3867a38974d8836990.jpg

That's what he sleeps with every night. I just went to fabric store and got them each 2 new pieces of fabric for 3 blankets a piece now! It always seems like as soon as I put Wally down on one he poops on it. Lol

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Oooohhh I may have to go shopping lol after all they need to be as comfy as possible while brumating lol

That is true! I've got this one fabric you would love!

a6fab9b81db4a915dd38caf108515994.jpg

Sorry it's dark. I just took this picture of some of the fabric we got for Lacey.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Awwwww I want lol

I got an entire yard, I know you use different measurements there, but it's enough to make 4-5 blankets depending on how big you want them for just under $3.00

I got 2 each. Those were Lacey's which are more girly. Wally's are more boyish. I'll have to get those out tomorrow when he's awake, to show you. If he hears me he will wake up.

Latest posts