• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is bcx plywood safe

stewy84

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi everyone, im new here i finally got a beardie and am planning on building a nice big viv for her and was wondering if bcx plywood was safe for them or not. And if cdx interior fire retardant plywood would be ok to use? The floor is going to be tile but 3 out of the 4 walls would be wood. Thanks in advance.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wood tends 2 lock in odor, any wood used should b sealed or painted. Also makes cleaning easier as well.

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I agree with JeffO. ANY plywood or wood at all in the cage should be sealed!!!! use a wood finish/sealer or just a wood sealer like polyurethane or something. This locks in the woos scent and also makes the wood water resistant. Also keeps the wood from soaking up nasty smells. And it also gives the cage a shiny finished look.

stewy84

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sweat thanks, I actually thought about using oak or birch. Any opinions?

stewy84

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Oh yeah im going to seal it, any suggestions on what to use other than polyurethane? Is there anything I can spray on?

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh yeah im going to seal it, any suggestions on what to use other than polyurethane? Is there anything I can spray on?
it think you can buy spray on, but you get more in a can. Anything that is water bases should be ok to seal the wood with. some wood stains also have a sealer in them, just read the can.

Latest posts