• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Introducing new greens and veggies

Arushingmd

Bearded Dragon Egg
When I got my beardie, Jenny, she had only ever been fed Romaine and (undusted) crickets. I'm trying to gradually transition away from the Romaine to a different green and add in some veggies. So far she hates collards, I may try mustard greens next. Any suggestions for getting her to eat her greens?? As for veggies, she was indifferent to carrots and loves butternut squash. What are some of your favorite veggies?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Mustard greens is always a big hit here. Dandelion greens, turnip greens. Butternut squash is a favorite. Dolly is in an orange phase so anything orange she will eat, orange peppers, mango, cantaloupe.

Some people swear by putting bee pollen on the greens and that gets them to eat them.

Paarthurnax

Hatchling Dragon
Well dandilion season is pretty much over for us here in the south. My alfalfa plants are still not taking off like I hoped. Got some mustard greens growing but still small. Day lilies are still a couple months out from blooming. Not sure on Azealia so I am not going to risk it. (Not on the list). Guess I will try grocery store greens. Seems you just can't buy small bundles to last only a few days or short week.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What I do to keep my greens a bit longer is when I get them I clean the stems give a fresh cut and wrap them in wet paper towels and stick them a ziplock baggie and into the crisper drawer.. and when the stems look like they are getting dry I cut them again and repeat..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
What I do is wash and chop all my veggies when I bring them home and then store them in a ziplock bag with paper towel to catch the moisture. I get a week out of them before they get eaten up. The stems of the greens I save and I feed them to my super worms and crickets.

Latest posts