• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Im a new fancy bearded dragon owner

Charmander&Torkoal

Bearded Dragon Egg
The analog hygrometer is inaccurate--- please get a digital probe hygrometer place on the back center wall of the tank -- I see one light for the dragon and hes a baby hes growing and needs UVB -- what is that light? brand and wattage please -- your substrate is going to be hard to keep clean I recommend getting some textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank --- unsanitary tanks can lead to yellow fungus and your fountain will cause a RI -- dragons are a desert reptile --- fountains are for your water or aquatic reptiles -- I see no temp gauges another MUST have in the tank -- he needs certain temps of 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer or he will not be able to digest his food -- if any of this is not on par your dragon will quit eating and the UVB is what prevents all kinds of illnesses along w/ a very bad one called MBD
I got him a uv bulb and I got a uv meter reader his basking spot under the uv is a 6.0 uv rays. And the basking bulb I got up now is on a digital heat controller. The temps are all correct and the humidity is 47 percent right now without any fans to move the wet air out.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got him a uv bulb and I got a uv meter reader his basking spot under the uv is a 6.0 uv rays. And the basking bulb I got up now is on a digital heat controller. The temps are all correct and the humidity is 47 percent right now without any fans to move the wet air out.
What is the brand and bulb of the UVB? Where is it? I did not see it in the pics---- those card readers are inaccurate --- best measurements for UVB are a solar meter 6.5

Charmander&Torkoal

Bearded Dragon Egg
What is the brand and bulb of the UVB? Where is it? I did not see it in the pics---- those card readers are inaccurate --- best measurements for UVB are a solar meter 6.5
I got the solar meter 6.5 it's a Arcadia setup for uvb. I got 2 cherry head tortoises aswell a male and female both a year old
16893477850771897138427905443843.jpg
16893477985078670703490121059508.jpg
1689347759649609324725808365494.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got the solar meter 6.5 it's a Arcadia setup for uvb. I got 2 cherry head tortoises aswell a male and female both a year oldView attachment 34233View attachment 34234View attachment 34232
Ok thats a good meter --- :) but you need a digital probe hygrometer -- the Arcadia is a Pro T 5? What exactly are you measuring for the output of the reader? There should be a piece of basking decor your getting that reading off of? The fountain is NOT a good basking decor piece

Charmander&Torkoal

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok thats a good meter --- :) but you need a digital probe hygrometer -- the Arcadia is a Pro T 5? What exactly are you measuring for the output of the reader? There should be a piece of basking decor your getting that reading off of? The fountain is NOT a good basking decor piece
From under the light on the basking rock hill thing I got he likes to bask on it. I got a digital meter for humidity in there it's at 38% it says

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I checked on the flex seal your going to be using and as long as its NON toxic its good - ok good humidity level -- optimal humidity is 40-50% -- is he eating? pooping?

Charmander&Torkoal

Bearded Dragon Egg
I checked on the flex seal your going to be using and as long as its NON toxic its good - ok good humidity level -- optimal humidity is 40-50% -- is he eating? pooping?
Yes he's eating and pooping regularly I get his food wet with a spay of water so he gets more hydration

Latest posts