• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

If I wanted to start breeding, I would need to know ...

LParkey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok ... a friend of mine and I were curious about getting into breeding. I have 4 beardies and she has 6 (some babies). I have a Little Giant Still Air incubator. What all information do we need to know, what internet reading material is best? What ages, temps and humidity, do they need to be checked out by a vet ... etc. ??? Our local pet store owner got me in touch with someone who has a set of breeders that he wants us to buy so he can start buying babies off us, but we have no idea what we're doing? lol

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Every good breeder starts with a handful of extremely happy beardies. Once you pair them up and their care is perfected, the animals tend to do the hard part themselves!
How old are your animals? Are they in good health? There's a wealth of breeder info on this site - you just may have to search a bit to find it... I'll see if I can dig up some old threads and post the links here...

Good luck!!

LParkey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
All together between my friend, mine and my moms there are 12 - 4 of them are over 3 years, 3 are 1.5 year olds, two 11 month olds and the others are babies. All but one of my friends 11 month old are in good health. Thanx so much! I'll start digging lol

LParkey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok another thing I'm curious of is there a hold time between hatching and rehoming? and what is the cost of food in that time for the babies? I'm not interested in colonies of roaches or breeding crix.

Latest posts