• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Identifying my hatchlng beardeds

Braddaz88

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is anyone able to identify/explain which kind of morphs some of these hatchlings are. I'm perplexed to why some look like silkies but it's impossible with the pairing.
Dad.. Hypo leatherback Mom.. Normal red hypo trans. Thanks

Attachments

• 20231004_152145.jpg
    20231004_152145.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 17
  • 20231004_152156.jpg
    20231004_152156.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 20231004_152203.jpg
    20231004_152203.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is anyone able to identify/explain which kind of morphs some of these hatchlings are. I'm perplexed to why some look like silkies but it's impossible with the pairing.
Dad.. Hypo leatherback Mom.. Normal red hypo trans. Thanks
I cant help you there but I can get someone else that can

xp29

Bearded Dragon Egg
Some absolutely do look to be silkies but it could be that they are micro-scale instead. I can't tell 100% from the pics.
There are two types of leatherback co-dominant, and recessive. My best guess is you dame carries the recessive leatherback gene. (Thats why i say they may be micro-scale). Keep a close eye on them for skin damage and shed issues, you might want to separate them into individual setups. If they are silkies their going to be fragile.

Braddaz88

Bearded Dragon Egg
Some absolutely do look to be silkies but it could be that they are micro-scale instead. I can't tell 100% from the pics.
There are two types of leatherback co-dominant, and recessive. My best guess is you dame carries the recessive leatherback gene. (Thats why i say they may be micro-scale). Keep a close eye on them for skin damage and shed issues, you might want to separate them into individual setups. If they are silkies their going to
There are two types of leatherback co-dominant, and recessive. My best guess is you dame carries the recessive leatherback gene. (Thats why i say they may be micro-scale). Keep a close eye on them for skin damage and shed issues, you might want to separate them into individual setups. If they are silkies their going to be fragile.
Thanks for the input. I'm unsure on care for micro scale beardeds, would they require the same kinda skin care as silkies?.
I only have 4 hatchings this way and a couple of spare set ups if required.

Latest posts