• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I think I scared my baby!

cricket05

Hatchling Dragon
So I got Murray out tonight for a quick drink and bath before bed time...and he was sitting on my hand, drinking the water drops I was giving him and licking the water off my hand (adorable!). When he wouldn't drink anymore I went to move him into the smallish dish I use for his baths right now. He climbed right out and looked up at me and opened his mouth super wide!! He hasn't done that to me yet, so I was shocked. As soon as I started talking to him he calmed down, and instead of putting him in the water I just drizzled it over him. He looked up at me again and opened his mouth!? I was shocked yet again...but again when I talked to him he seemed okay. Tonight I looked in the mirror and realized I had all my hair piled up on my head in a crazy tall bun -- and I think this is what was scaring Murray. He's never seen my hair like that and it may have looked like some crazy creature on my head to him, haha! Am I crazy for thinking that could be it? Nothing else about our routine was different...I guess Murray doesn't like bedhead, lol. Also, he is about 2 months old from what I can tell and i have had him going on 7 weeks,for background.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
LOL! They are so funny. I guess it's possible your hair scared him. Or maybe he didn't like the temperature of the water.

cricket05

Hatchling Dragon
The water temp was luke warm/warm -- I am always super worried about burning his little belly...hopefully the temp was okay. I don't know, I feel like he thought there was something on my head haha, the way he looked up. I will have to see how his next bath goes.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I bet that's right. Anything above them that they've never seen before is scary. I remember the first time we let Luci in the living room and the ceiling fan was on. He completely freaked out full beard and everything!

Frank Petruzzelli

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey baby girl there's nothing wrong with that when you do that all it is is that you grabbing some hair and stuff and you're just excited to see my guy does that to me all the time you just got to talk to them and let them know you're there okay

Frank Petruzzelli

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sorry my Siri is made a mistake on that there's nothing wrong with that my guy does that to me to you startled me the first time but nothings wrong I pick him up he likes to hear my voice and put them under their chin they love it and I'm top of their eyes

Latest posts