• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How to post pics within your posts

KAJA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I am simply going to quote BeardedBob here as he put this in one of his posts - Thanks Bob!

He wrote:

You first need to upload your pics somewhere, imageshack, shutterfly, wherever. Then you need to copy the url where the pic resides.

From there when you are typing your post, simply click the picture frame (middle row, second one in) and it will ask for the url.

otherwise you can use this code to type it in:
Code:
[img]enter-the-url-here[/img]

I would like to add though that we have considered adding picture gallery function which would allow us to host the photos for you without having to use a third party. I would like anyone that would like to see us do this, reply to this thread so we can get a feel on how much it would be used.

Thanks, hope the above helps.

KAJA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have looked at several, but the best gallery I have seen costs money. So it is something we will have to plan for. We do very little advertising on here to raise funds for these types of things, so it comes from pocket, but we are looking into it heavily.

We just aren't the type of folks to throw up some of the free galleries that just don't function well. It takes a good bit of coding to have all of the galleries built into the individual profiles which is what we would want so each member could have their own gallery setup.

If we get a few more replies saying thumbs up, we will consider it even that much more.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Though galleries are nice to have i dont really think it would be something worthwhile to do if it is expensive simply because i am not certain how many people would use it. It is not hard to setup free accounts on photobucket and what not. Thats my opinion anyway.

KAJA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the comments Cryptic. I do agree that the free sources are usually more intuitive that some of the forum galleries that cost money, but to the folks that like to not have so many different pieces to the puzzle, I thought I would offer it as an option.

There are many free galleries, but many are not very well coded. The one gallery I have bought for one of my sites, seems to work extremely well.

With all of that said, this thread hasn't gotten much action so that seems to speak for itself, eh?! ;)

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's cause I didn't see it til now... Shall I offer some Financial help ? ;)
Janie.
okay everyone... Do you want a photo thread on this forum ?
All in favor.. Say Aye !

Aye !

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i still say its not needed.

it will open the site up to a lot of possible problems with photo rights and what not. i say leave it to the sites that are devoted to photos like photobucket. so i say nay

BeardiesAndMore

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member

Hi. I just joined the forum so haven't even set up a profile yet. I think saving us the step of uploading to another site and then posting the link here would be a fabulous option (especially for others like me who are basically computer inept).

I'd love to see the option available within the forum.

Latest posts