• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How to make my own enclosure?

ProphesizeWithYourPen

Bearded Dragon Egg
If any of you have any advice on how to make a custom enclosure for my Beardie, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure what the best material is to make it out of. I'm starting from scratch, so I'm want to make sure to make it as great as it can be!

Biggie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I used mdf for mine. Had it up two years now no issues, good strong and sturdy and keeps the heat in well. Get the thick stuff. I rushed into it abit, think about what you want but more importantly the needs your lizard. Hope this helps.

Biggie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here's a few pics of the tank, it's a constant work in progress.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420734664479.JPG
    uploadfromtaptalk1420734664479.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 91
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420734710531.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420734710531.jpg
    682.4 KB · Views: 76

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
What is the perfect Height for a Enclosure? I am converting an old pulpit into one

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Biggie Nice tank it makes me jealous!!! gotta go buy some more goodies for me lil guy now

lazer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I am a 55 year old man and I could cry do to the exquisiteness of your tank. Your B.D.'s home looks like an oasis. What have I done to my Beardie by sticking her in a starter tank? I am so frustrated. You would think that the popularity of Bearded Dragons (for quite some time now) would wake up the industry to provide larger terrariums for these wonderful animals. I think I am just going to make one from scratch. The only question I have is, how do you fit the glass? I have my own unique ideas but I am sure there are much better ways then mine! I don't want to glue the pieces together for fear of fumes or she may be able to ingest some of the hardened glue. She deserves a better life than I am giving her. I make sure she sleeps on a soft washcloth for her head to rest on. And I puff up, usually two soft washcloths, to give her the feeling of being out of the sight of predators. if you ever notice, they always force their snouts into the corners of the glass, or any area in the tank. I just try to make everything comfortable for her. And I do anthropomorphize her because I have definite proof that they are aware of their surroundings much more than we may want to admit, and enjoy many of the things we enjoy but that's for another time. I put on a CD that has the sound of a large stream flowing and it's on repeat the whole night. When she goes to bed, she knows I put it on and it only takes a matter of moments before she dozes off. She is so sweet.

Latest posts