• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

how to get a bd to poop

dragonfab32

Hatchling Dragon
hey is there a trick to get a bd to poop? not that mine wont poop but i want to get him to go BEFORE hes playing with me just so he doesnt decide to poop on my shoulder again haha

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Lol mine won't ever poop in his bath! I have a defective beardie! He usually goes wherever he feels like it!

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mine has never pooped outside his tank. Really random about where he goes though. I have to search for it everyday! But he's still really small. Maybe he'll figure it out :) from what I've read, they're all so different, which in my opinion is what makes the perfect lizard :)

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Temperature of the water will determine if the BD poops in the bath. Warmer water should make him poop everytime.

I always give mine a pretty warm bath before they (4) come out to chill on me. Otherwise the will poop on me everytime lol

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
How long does your soak for? We do about 10-15 min. I wish he'd go for me!!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Luv is right, the warmer the water the more likely and the quicker they will poop. I've put Luci in a warm bath after he's pooped in his tank and he will poop again in the bath! Then again he poops everywhere with no warning!

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Like a babys bath once he in u can warm it a little more. Put in ur elbow n if it dnt feel to hot there then it will b fine for ur beardie. And a nice gentle massage of the belly wrks wonders ;)

Latest posts