• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How much longer must i wait???

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i found that i got a new incubator that i transfered the eggs into about a month ago was running 9 whole degrees under what it was set for i then re adjusted it to be at 84.5 F again this i found out at the 60 day mark for the eggs it is now day 73 for the eggs how much more time could i expect to have been added onto the eggs? they all look fine and i candled them and the majority have very large babies moving in the eggs, but a few tou couldnt see the babies exactly mostly just a big blob in the bottom, for those eggs dose that mean the babies are dead, evn though the egg has not turned yellow, collapsed, or rotted (they look perfectly fine except you cannot see a baby moving and its mostly a blob)?

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We have had them hatch after 90 days

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
was it from temps beeing low? and what do you think about the eggs that dnt look like moving hatchlings just blobs?

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
was it from temps beeing low? and what do you think about the eggs that dnt look like moving hatchlings just blobs?
Not sure but eggs in the wild do go through temperature swings as far as the blobs just keep them till they rot and you shouldn’t candle them now it can harm them they say it startles them.

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
ok ill definately leave them alone now would you say that candling them too often could have killed some?

GemmyLou

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I was exactly the same when my lot took a little while longer than my first clutch to hatch.. but trust me if they are looking white and plump.. and you can see babies inside even if they are shadows at the bottom of the eggs then they are fertilized and moving them could have shocked them a bit so they need that little bit longer.. they will start when ready

Latest posts