• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How do you play with your BD?

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey everbody, I was wondering what creative play ideas you have to interact with your BD. I'm sure everyone has seen the laser pointer & cat teasing dragon with the cat toy videos on YouTube.. I'm just getting to know my lil guy & he's my first reptile so I'm very new to this & I would love to hear your ideas on things I can do with him to grab his attention without upsetting him. I want every interaction to be a positive one so he associates me with not getting eaten & fun!

thorn

Hatchling Dragon
Number one hand feeding and or make sure he sees you giving him food. That is the most important. Other than that jus wait like 10 days before trying to hold him. And when he does get use to you being around try holding him and making a small harness for him so he can walk around on your bed and such

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Playing with my bd? Hmm. I let her climb, scratch me, and run around on her harness with my supervision. She also likes tunnels so I got her a red cloth long ferret tunnel whenever she's out and she'll run through there. :)

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok, I've come across a few ideas id like to share.. so if you get a clear whiffle ball & tape up the holes with clear tape, & fill it with crickets, he will push it around trying to get at the crix & get a treat when one falls out.. I read about drawing black dots on ping pong balls & he will think the dots r bugs & attack, pushing & chasing the ball around.. found a lady that posted a pic of a guinea pig swing which looks like fun.. swing.jpg
I found a cheap ($4) Kong brand laser pointer last night at the pet store, but Iggy was asleep when i got home so ill be seeing how he reacts to that later today.. I had a few plastic Easter eggs laying around so I placed some crickets in front of Iggy & quickly covered them under half eggs.. I laid out 3 eggs.. he knew they were under there & tried to push them around for a while, it was really cute, but he eventualy gave up & looked at me like, are you just gona stand there or are you gona help?

BeardieMama

Hatchling Dragon
Harry is boring - he likes to watch tv or help me do homework by walking on the keyboard. LOL. I want to try the whiffle ball idea and see what he does.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds almost like what Allie would do with the exception of homework. She likes reading 'facebook' and stepping on the keys. Then she looks up to see what she's written. :) This morning, I let her run around on her harness outside. She really enjoys her time outside on her harness.

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm going to have to buy a harness from germ.. just waiting til he grows so I don't have to buy another.. or are they one size fits all?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Harry is boring - he likes to watch tv or help me do homework by walking on the keyboard. LOL. I want to try the whiffle ball idea and see what he does.
Adult BDs are not really an active pet & would be considered boring in comparison to most other common pets.

I'm going to have to buy a harness from germ.. just waiting til he grows so I don't have to buy another.. or are they one size fits all?
Ours will fit most 13"-14" & up, unless they are a very skinny dragon. If you check the website, the larger dragons in the pics were 650-700+g dragons, so they are quite versatile.

BeardieMama

Hatchling Dragon
He does try to chase my 4 year old daughter around. It's too funny!! He likes to sit with her and bat the crayons around while she colors. She has a picture she colored of a bearded dragon hanging on his tank and he sits and stares at it. He may be boring, but he is still a character. We did go outside yesterday and he was running all over the yard having a god time. Then he found a cool spot under the prickly bush and tried to fall asleep.

Scottio

Hatchling Dragon
I put mine on my girlfriends bed and just let him run around and explore. He's always trying to escape. Still too young to keep him out for too long!

BeardieMama

Hatchling Dragon
Harry has this new thing now, he likes to chase my 4 yr old around and when she is sitting on the floor he jumps on her and tries to cuddle. Once she lies down he climbs onto her face and snuggles right in. It's really cute. He seems to love being with her.

ize

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My 2 adults love going out for a drive to the beach. they sit on the dash and watch whats happening outside. At the beach they love to go for a swim in the rock pools. Michiba likes to dive under the water and swim a ways. When it rains they like to play in the puddles. Michiba and Kumei are free roamers. They sleep on my bed and have a shower with me every morning. Spoilt rotten lol

NBLD

Bearded Dragon Egg
Have you guys seen the youtube video of the beardie playing a smartphone game where he "catches" bugs with his tongue? My hubby and I were cracking up!

Latest posts