• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How Did You Name Your Beardie (s)?

RaidenMarshall

Hatchling Dragon
Going off Elemental Dragon Lords name topic, I figured I'd ask this fun question. How did everyone come up with their beardie names?

Me, personally, first named my little buddy Raiden, after the thunder god. I came up with the name because when we first got him I was training for a Mortal Kombat tournament hehe. Raiden isn't one of my most favorite characters in said game but he was the better of choices, that, and my bf wanted to name him Israel.

The name change came after my bf was called away (so he's currently not with me). I saw his old chat group name (Zeus) and thought about his son is also a god of thunder. Unacceptable! So we discussed and the name Apollo popped out. The best name I could ask for. Our next beardie will certainly be a girl and she'll be Apollo ;)

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Bella (Isabella) came with her name I just didn't see any point to changing it. Toviah: got him at one-year-old. Don't know what his name was but he's missing the toes on 1 foot. A friend suggested Toby (toe by). I kind of liked it but kind of didn't. Toviah is a derivation - means God with us.

Petsotics

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes, some keepers, not just Bearded Dragon keepers, like to go with themes. I know someone who love Tegus and has quite a few. He also breeds them. The theme he follows in how he names his Tegus is he names them like cars. Yes, he likes cars so he went with that. He's got a Bentley, a Mercedes, a Lexus, Volks....well, you get the idea. A few years ago when I had my first 2 BD's, well, they already came with names so I kept those names. But I figured when I get baby BD's I will name them after actors/actresses on movie/tv show I like to watch. For example, In Plain Sight, I was going to name a female Mary McCormack, and another one Angie Harmon from Law and Order, now Rizzoli & Isles.

But yeah, you get the picture (no pun intended). :D

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Razor was going to be Spike, but it seemed cliche so Razor.
Comet and Meteor are two of my favorite spells in Final Fantasy and the original owner was a jerk so I didn't care what he named them.
Bright Eyes was another rescue from a pot head so she got named after her beautiful yellow around her eyes.
Rad was a rescue from a good owner so he kept his name, plus it works for him.
Aura and Goomba are rescues from a horrible owner and he was named after the mushroom enemies in Super Mayo because he is really thin and orange, Aura was a suggestion from a forum member and another Final Fantasy spell.

Petsotics

Bearded Dragon Egg
Razor was going to be Spike, but it seemed cliche so Razor.
Comet and Meteor are two of my favorite spells in Final Fantasy and the original owner was a jerk so I didn't care what he named them.
Bright Eyes was another rescue from a pot head so she got named after her beautiful yellow around her eyes.
Rad was a rescue from a good owner so he kept his name, plus it works for him.
Aura and Goomba are rescues from a horrible owner and he was named after the mushroom enemies in Super Mayo because he is really thin and orange, Aura was a suggestion from a forum member and another Final Fantasy spell.
Wow!!! I think that is great/awsome. :)

Marmoset

Hatchling Dragon
I didn't name my guy until he got acclimated and started to show his personality. I was originally going to name him the Australian Aboriginal name for sand (Namoo) or "red streams of clouds in the evening" (Dirinbirong) but I went with Moonpani because it means "to embrace" and he is a super cuddler. It seemed to fit him best.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
We didn't really go with any themes. Dexter and Luci...well they just looked like a Dexter and a Luci LOL! When we found out that Dexter was a girl and Luci was a boy, we just couldn't change their names!

Honchess

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I name all of my animals (dogs, cats, snakes, horses..whatever) according to their personality. So they don't have a name for a little while. Some of them have 'people' names, Gabriel, Sebastian, Maxim, Maggie Mae. Some were named for personal characteristics, Cloudy, DirtyFace, Coal. It all depends on what their personality demands. My dragon is General Roo because he is certainly a general In Command of everything in his environment!
And could I add here that I've discovered he is a soccer fan! He sits in the corner of his tank and watches TV when I'm playing the World Cup games. (OK, so maybe it is the noise and movement, but I prefer to think he's a fan because he ignores other things on TV.
;-) )

jasmineinka94

Bearded Dragon Egg
I waited till he was comfortable in his new home and his personality started to show. Demonicus ( Demon for short) is a perfect name for him...He is an odd little thing. If I were to chose a second name for him it would be Loki.. After the actual Norse God

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
uploadfromtaptalk1404767465160.jpg

I looked at this picture of my new girl to be and thought to myself. A name what should I name her. It needs to be some cheerful and happy. Maybe something sunny for the yellow and red. Sunshine...... Sunburst.... ummm.. solar... Solaris.... star..... startfire..... STARBURST! Thats my top potential name right now. But I wont be sure untill I see her in person.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I waited till he was comfortable in his new home and his personality started to show. Demonicus ( Demon for short) is a perfect name for him...He is an odd little thing. If I were to chose a second name for him it would be Loki.. After the actual Norse God

That's how we got Luci. He used to be Lucy until we learned she was a he. He was such a little terror that I changed the y to I and we got Luci, short for Lucifer!