• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hi new owner i need all the info i can get

Wdwanton

Bearded Dragon Egg
so i got him about a month and a half ago. and he seems pretty happy but it is kind of hard to hold him he is rilly sqwermy so i need some tips on handaling him. and what greens to feed him. the temp in his cage gets about 180F in the day and it gets down to 70F in the night. once i get up to go to scool i wake him up and put his lights on. then once i get back to scool i check on him and he is basking so is that normal behavyer

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It can take time for some babies to get used to handling. Just be patient and he will come around.

The best staple greens are collared greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, escarole, and dandelion greens. It's good to mix it up a bit.

108F is on the high end of acceptable for a baby. Once he gets bigger, you'll want to lower the temps, but you have some time before that needs to happen. Basking is completely normal. My little dude spends quite a bit if time basking throughout the day.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks his tank temp right now is 122 and 29 humidady os that ok
122F is still too hot you may want to try a lower wattage basking bulb to bring the temp down, the humidity is fine..
Most use timers for their dragon's lights so they go on and off at the same time each day... just like the sun rises and falls the same.. If you take a look below several of our comments we've put together info for new comers in that thread you'll find more links to food items that most of us go off of. show's you how to prepare the items.
Also it would be helpful if you take a picture of your dragon and set up that way we can see how your doing things in order for us to help.. Below are temps...
Baby Dragons: Basking 100-107F warm 85-95F cool 70-75F
Juv Dragons: Basking anywhere from 95-107F Remember they need it to digest warm 85-95F cool 70F
Adults Basking 90-95F can also be low 100'sF warm 80-90F cool 70F
As long as the night time temps don't dip below 65F all is good if it does get a CHE to keep temps up.

Wdwanton

Bearded Dragon Egg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
A regular reptile mat works pretty well. They just need washed weekly to every other week, depending on your beardies bathroom habits. I'm switching over to fatigue mat for substrate (which can be bought from a bulk roll at most hardware stores). Super easy to clean and sanitize, with a bit of cushion. Some beardies like to jump around, so cushion is a good thing haha.

Valiant

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
A regular reptile mat works pretty well. They just need washed weekly to every other week, depending on your beardies bathroom habits. I'm switching over to fatigue mat for substrate (which can be bought from a bulk roll at most hardware stores). Super easy to clean and sanitize, with a bit of cushion. Some beardies like to jump around, so cushion is a good thing haha.

A fatigue mat sounds like an awesome idea. Would make cleaning much easier than carpet.

Wdwanton

Bearded Dragon Egg

Ok what does one look like

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'll post a photo of what I bought. Then you just cut it to fit and you're good to go. It's cushioned for my jumpy juvenile, and textured yet soft for my female beardie (soon to be two) with MBD to comfortably get around.

46dc3df4543c7b8cc1845133208a0c5d.jpg

Valiant

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I'll post a photo of what I bought. Then you just cut it to fit and you're good to go. It's cushioned for my jumpy juvenile, and textured yet soft for my female beardie (soon to be two) with MBD to comfortably get around.

46dc3df4543c7b8cc1845133208a0c5d.jpg

I'm going to store to get one today. Is it absorbant? It does not look it.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm going to store to get one today. Is it absorbant? It does not look it.
It doesn't seem to be absorbent. Fatigue mats usually aren't, for easier cleaning. Let us know what you find and what you think! I like them, although tan would have been more aesthetically pleasing, I think. Unfortunately all I could find was grey.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The reptimats are hard to keep clean. That's why I swapped to the fatigue mat. Maybe you'll join the club?

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
A fatigue mat sounds like an awesome idea. Would make cleaning much easier than carpet.
I picked mine up at Lowe's. They have 3 ft wide bulk rolls in the carpet and flooring area. You tell them how much you want, and they cut it for you. I got 8 ft, since I'll be covering two 4x2 enclosures. It's pretty affordable, a foot is a couple bucks.

Wdwanton

Bearded Dragon Egg
I picked mine up at Lowe's. They have 3 ft wide bulk rolls in the carpet and flooring area. You tell them how much you want, and they cut it for you. I got 8 ft, since I'll be covering two 4x2 enclosures. It's pretty affordable, a foot is a couple bucks.

Thanks will probably get mine this week end

Latest posts